Not eating enough

Options
If it's 8 o'clock at night and I haven't eaten my goal of calories, should I eat? Or not. I'm allowed 1200 calories and I'm finding on days that I'm busy, or get up later than usual, I'm sitting at 900 calories in the evening and I don't know if eating my remaining 300 is beneficial or detrimental. Help! I'm down 60 and really don't want to derail my progress

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Gamliela wrote: »
    Laura, you could eat a little more tomarrow if there is something available! It can be thought of as a weekly average, 1200. I try to never eat if I'm not hungry, its a little rule I keep.

I agree with this. However, are you sure you're only eating 900 cals.? Do you weigh, measure, and log everything with the correct entries? Just thought I'd ask first before advising to eat more.

This^^
  • laurasprogress
    laurasprogress Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm sure. I log everything I eat. And it's not always 900. But on the days I only get to that, should I eat to get to my 1200 even if it's later in the evening?
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes I'm sure. I log everything I eat. And it's not always 900. But on the days I only get to that, should I eat to get to my 1200 even if it's later in the evening?

You log but do you use a food scale to weigh all foods? Measuring cups and spoons aren't accurate for foods that aren't liquids, even oils and condiments. Congrats on 60 lbs down!

Edit: oops, I forgot to add that if that is an accurate calorie count then yes you should eat. Going under 1200 is not good for you. Have a snack you enjoy! If I have room left I'll have a peanut butter toast or a couple of cookies, depending how much room there is.
    Time of day doesn't matter for Weightloss.
  • laurasprogress
    Options
    Example.. Breakfast shakeology with banana 265
    Snack Protein bar. 190
    Lunch lean cuisine at work. 230
    Got home and had a Greek yogurt and
    an apple. 180
    With my job this is what happens sometimes and this was yesterday. Then I stand in the kitchen trying to decide if it's best to keep eating or not
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Yep its best to eat all your allowance.
  • laurasprogress
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your replies! I really appreciate it!! ❤️❤️
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Phew, I thought this was going to be another one of those "I'm not losing, must be because I'm not eating enough" posts
  • laurasprogress
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm losing. I'm very greatful for what I've lost so far and have always known it's bad to eat late at night. Eating late is how I got fat! So to make myself eat is difficult when I've been told my whole life not to do it.
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm losing. I'm very greatful for what I've lost so far and have have always known it's bad to eat late at night. Eating late is how I got fat! So to make myself eat is difficult when eating I've been told my whole life not to do it.

Don't listen to anyone telling you to eat chocolate or ice cream before bed!!! If you are like me, carbs (especially before bed) can put on weight faster than anything. If I were you I would consider some healthy lean meat (i do jerky) or just let it go. I go under many days it's certainly not something to feel guilty about. :)
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    Timing doesn't matter for weight loss, but if your goal is 1200, you should definitely be eating to that. Treat yourself a little :)

It absolutely does! Calorie in/calorie out is good but it's been scientifically proven blood sugar plays an ENORMOUS role as well, especially for individuals who are diabetic or even insulin resistant. I'm sorry but this was awful advice.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm not one who uses a food scale, so you might want to take my suggestion with a grain of salt or two. :)

edited for spell mistake.