How do i do crunches perfectlt?

Options
ChaixDD
ChaixDD Posts: 15 Member
I started going the gym recently and i have a question about where my arms are suppose to go when im doing crunches, and are my heels suppose be touching my butt?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Check out fitness blender.com
    They have short videos on how to do tons of different exercises.
  • ChaixDD
    ChaixDD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If i am overweight will crunches reduce my belly fat? If not what do they do?
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    ChaixDD wrote: »
    If i am overweight will crunches reduce my belly fat? If not what do they do?

No they will not, a calorie deficit will reduce your belly fat. Crunches work the abdominal muscles below the layer of belly fat.
  • queenliz99
    Options
  • mochachichi
    mochachichi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Good explanation but please I beg you...don't put your hands behind your head like that. Hands can be at the side of the head with fingertips touching the ears but no hands grabbing the head like that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options

Good explanation but please I beg you...don't put your hands behind your head like that. Hands can be at the side of the head with fingertips touching the ears but no hands grabbing the head like that.
    +1. I don't teach clients to clasp hands behind their head either.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    And OP, crunches don't give you 6 pack abs. They condition your ab muscles, but definition comes from having low body fat and that's about CICO.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • mochachichi
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

+1. I don't teach clients to clasp hands behind their head either.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Ninerbuff...sadly I think it's too bad that people get their health and fitness info from Dr. Google. There is a lot of good info out there but there is also a bunch of crap. If you are new to weight loss or fitness, trust me you will not know the difference between the good and the bad.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    My bad! Sorry. I have neck issues too, I should've looked a little closer :#
  • mochachichi
    Options
    My bad! Sorry. I have neck issues too, I should've looked a little closer :#

Nothing to be sorry about...this is a common way to demonstrate this exercise but what we find is that there are less stressful ways on the neck perform it. On the plus side when he puts his arms above his head...this is a great progression to work up to