Poop or can't poop that is the question ?

Options
Haught2015
Haught2015 Posts: 90 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Since eating healthy how has your "digestive system" been working?
My body is not doing so well in that department ..sorry for the tmi.
Anyone else having problems

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I just start a deficit I'll slow down a bit just because there is less food to digest. Once I'm rolling again if I tend to have a problem it's usually because fiber is very high and fat is low. Some people don't eat enough fiber. Some too much. Check out your diary.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Speeds it up: exercise, food volume, magnesium, fiber, oil, water

Slows it down: inactivity, small volume food, fiber, dehydration
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Didn't drastically change my diet to lose weight. No constipation.

Healthy is a vague subjective term. What changes did you make? Did you go super low fat and high fiber? People often suggest eating enough fiber, fats, drinking water and moving more to help with constipation.
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A million times better. And now I'm quite miserable when I eat crappy food.

I used to eat a lot of junk and little produce. The first few weeks were hard on my gut due to fiber increase.

Make sure to drink enough water.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Do you really want this to be a debate thread?
  • unbehaved1
    unbehaved1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are having problems drink a tablespoon of mineral oil you can put it in OJ and drink it fast. I have gotten where I can just drink it down plain real fast it WILL help
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Sometimes things move slowly. I find running hard for just a couple of Km is enough to get things moving again. However I've always tended towards constipation.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Do you really want this to be a debate thread?

Debates don't involve seeking help, understanding their own issues and/or how to solve them.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I'm regular lol. I eat lots of veggies. low cal high fiber.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When i started diet with mfp and the volyme dropped, my regularity went out the window. I eat high fiber diet, with lots of veggies and greens, but constipation became a problem. Long story short, it caused a fissure, so now I'm in a lor of pain, can't exercise and weight loss stalled. I'm talking Metamucil now, i inly wish I'd done it then, before it was too late.
  • tiddolski
    tiddolski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I talked to my dr about this today, he said he is happy with how I'm eating (I also see a dietitian) but told me it can be apart of my hypothyroidism and gave me some type of laxatives.
  • thenorthernavenger
    thenorthernavenger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    When i started diet with mfp and the volyme dropped, my regularity went out the window. I eat high fiber diet, with lots of veggies and greens, but constipation became a problem. Long story short, it caused a fissure, so now I'm in a lor of pain, can't exercise and weight loss stalled. I'm talking Metamucil now, i inly wish I'd done it then, before it was too late.

If you're eating a high fiber diet then you shouldn't need metamucil on top of that. Constipation would arise due to too much fiber, not enough water, or not enough fat.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    water, prune juice and/or stewed prunes, exercise and lots of water
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Initially it was not good then it got better but what I thought was fine (maybe once a day) was not adequate. After being hospitalized I was told to stop eating bananas - not that I ate a lot, maybe 2-4, a week, I now go 2-3 times a day and medically I should be happy with that. I think it would be different for each person but my understanding is that you want to regular and go daily I guess however many times that means for you.
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Up the fats in your diet.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I can set my watch by what time it will be!