Help please

Options
LadyClaire86
LadyClaire86 Posts: 37 Member
Hi I'm new to fit pal. I'm cooking a small whoel chicken for dinner. When I scanned the chicken it said 201 calories in 1 serving 100g. I'm a little confused everytime I scan a food it say - serving of 100g. Is everything recommended 100g? I weight up 30g of pasta and it still said 1 serving of 100g.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question. Are you weighing your food?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If the service size is 100g on the app, and you ate 30g, you ate 0.3 servings. So you put 0.3 in the number of servings box.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    201 calories per 100g. So, weight waht you eat (say it was 185g) then add in 1.85 servings (to give you 372 cals).

There is usually an option to log an item per gram. So you could also log 185 single grams and get the same result.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    To answer the OP question, I think 100g just tends to be a standard measure, not necessarily a suggested serving size. I see it a lot on the fruits I choose. As others have said, manipulate the number you enter to get the right amount. Often if something is in cups when I first find the food, I'll search again and add the word "grams" without the quotes to the search. Usually I can find the measure in single grams, which I find to be most accurate. Best of luck!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    To answer the OP question, I think 100g just tends to be a standard measure, not necessarily a suggested serving size. I see it a lot on the fruits I choose. As others have said, manipulate the number you enter to get the right amount. Often if something is in cups when I first find the food, I'll search again and add the word "grams" without the quotes to the search. Usually I can find the measure in single grams, which I find to be most accurate. Best of luck!

That's true. it's a good standard measure because it is easy to compare with other products, and easy to work out macro percentages, if you're doing that.
  • LadyClaire86
    Options
    So 70 will be 0.7
  • LadyClaire86
    Options
    No. I'm just confused, I hate numbers.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    LadyClou wrote: »
    So 70 will be 0.7

yes.
  • LadyClaire86
    Options
    Thank you. I hate numbers.
  • LadyClaire86
    Options
    Gonna sound a bit think now if I eat 100g what amount of serving do I put down? My partner won't help he don't understand
  • Alatariel75
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If you eat 100g, you ate 1 serving of 100g. if you ate 200g, you ate 2 servings of 100g.
  • LadyClaire86
    Options
    Ok thankyou. I'm a bit dumb when it comes to numbers
  • Dublinmum
    Dublinmum Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't put yourself down LadyClou. Every new app takes getting used to. In my experience, the smartest people are those who ask questions when they are unsure.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    You divide the number of grams you eat by 100. So if you eat 35 grams then 35/100= .35. If you eat 100 grams it is 100/100 = 1. If you eat 135 grams it it 135/100= 1.35. Once you get the hang of it it is pretty easy. Don't let anyone tell you you are dumb. Even you.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You can change the setting of measurement by clicking on the drop downs also. When you go into serving size it will allow you to modify it. 7uiun5o956v2.jpg