It is working....

Options
ekim2016
ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
One month on MFP and today I am 259. I started at 269, and know this is a small loss of weight, but really motivating to see the scale move. I re weighed 3 times this morning because I could not believe it!! So I think 10 pounds a month is superb!! The amazing thing is at 1760 calories per day, it is not even difficult to stay below that level and I eat good!!

Replies

• vicksg73
    vicksg73 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's brilliant - well done. Are you eating back exercise calories? I'm on 1200 and dream of 1760!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    vicksg73 wrote: »
    Wow - that's brilliant - well done. Are you eating back exercise calories? I'm on 1200 and dream of 1760!

The more you weigh the more food you need to maintain that weight. Of course if the OP is a male and you're not that's a difference too.

Depending on the OP's final goal this might need adjusted eventually. I suspect they can drop down to around 200 lbs on this amount of calories. The loss will slow as they approach the final weight of course.
  • marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The first month is always great weight loss wise if you stick to your calorie goal. The challenge comes when you think you have had a good week, but the scales don't move! If this happens then try again and keep going. In 4 months i have had this happen twice where i have felt really demotivated from no weight loss and both tomes the week after i lost 2 pounds.

Keep going, allow yourself cheat days and give in to a mouthful of chocolate once in a while if it helps to satisfy that craving. I lost 35 pounds over 3.5 months and every week without fail i had a takeaway and pudding on a saturday night and a mac donalds one day aswell, although my job requires me to walk around for 3 hours a day so it's probably easier for me!

Also, recalculate your TDEE every time you lose a couple of pounds. You start to need cutting the calories here and there! Haha, i went from semi skimmed milk to skimmed and from butter to light butter haha.
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great progress. Keep it up! One pound at the time
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That is a big accomplishment!! Congrats :)
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Update:
    I looked back on February 10 calendar and I weighed 276. Today I am 256. I quit alcohol on March 1 (still no drink) so I started mfp on May 17 @269...... I attribute the combination of no alcohol and weighing food / CICO to my loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!