Anyone here a poler??

Options
Hey! Wassup. I was just curious if anyone on this thing is also a poler! Or into Lyra, aerial silks, ect.. Like me

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I wish. I want to try them at some point, it seems fun to at least try it out. ^_^
  • BekahBeast
    BekahBeast Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes! You should! It is so fun. I have only been doing it for 5 months, but I really enjoy it. Just got certified as an instructor! I was iffy at first, but it's basically calisthenics. ^^
  • mrssmevans
    mrssmevans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a poler too!!! Absolutely love it, just gone into partnership on a school and training to be an instructor myself
  • BekahBeast
    Options
    Yay! That is awesome!! Good for you! ^^
  • BekahBeast
    Options
    How long have you been poling?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I tried it once, Kudos to you; it's much harder than it looks!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Pole and silks right here! :)
  • BekahBeast
    Options
    Thanks! I know, right? I was surprised. It's no walk in the park.
  • BekahBeast
    Options
    ah! Mouse! Your profile pic is amazing! I love it! I need to get some more cool pics myself. That's half the fun. Lol. I am always looking for something to hang off of when I'm out and about for a good pic. :P
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Thanks. We take lots of pictures in my silks class. That move is a favorite of mine. I am hoping to do a professional photo shoot at some point in the next month or so. I'm quite excited!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I do silks. So do two of my sons.
  • AlexSanders05
    AlexSanders05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a poler. 4 years. :)
  • BekahBeast
    Options
    I'm so happy! I didn't know if anyone else would be. Since I started doing it this year, several people including some of my friends have had a negative attitude about it or try and tell me I should go to a regular gym because this is not as good a work out. Ha! that didn't stop me, but it does get me down sometimes. So yay! there's more of us!!
  • fayebaline
    fayebaline Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I pole and do Lyra :-) h73e84lewr5e.jpeg
  • BekahBeast
    Options
    Nice Delilah hang, Fay! :)
  • BekahBeast
    Options
    Mom, that's so cool that your sons do it too! Where I am at, there are no guys involved at our studio right now, sadly, but we are hoping to change that. I am like the pole baby because I'm the youngest one that goes there! Lol. The oldest student we have is like 66 yrs old tho, and she kicks butt! Hope I'm as strong as her when I get that old.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    My 12yr old has been taking classes for 1.5 years. It's his favorite thing to do. He does it all, silks, Lyra, trapeze, harness, etc. Over the summer he's doing camps that are 8hrs a day of aerial and tumbling. My 21yr old just started taking classes with me because he wants to be as ripped as his little brother. LOL
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    My youngest's instructor is a 6.5ft built black dude. A real Renaissance man. He teaches aerial, his wife and him own a dance studio, he paints, baked cakes, etc. He's a great role model.
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    gejvm9cmz5w6.jpg

7 months pole dancing.. Lost 60 lbs. Also do pole fabric and lyra ;)