Hello everybody, my name is Leesa

ileesa
ileesa Posts: 3
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
I am a busy mom of 5 who works as a waitress at Cracker Barrel. I am loving this site because I can track my food and exercise and see my progress daily. I started out weighing 189 two months ago, and since going back to work I have lost 23 pounds, I want to continue loosing weight, so a friend recommended this site. My goal weight for now is 120, I am 5'1" so that will put me at a healthy level. I know it will not be easy, but I am having a great time getting back into shape after a long illness. I am a little concerned that my hypothyroidism will effect my weight loss and I am looking for any tips on how to make it easier to loose weight with this condition. I am also looking for supportive friends....

Replies

• Anick29
    Anick29 Posts: 3
    Hi Leesa,

My name is Anick ( Anick29 is my I.D on this site). Awesome that you taking charge of your health! Congrats on your recent weight loss and bravo for asking for help!
    I am a gym owner and fitness professional. I logged on to this website to learn more about foods so I can better help my clients.
    I would love to be your supportive friend. I love doing research and helping others with their fitness goals and healthy lifestyle.
    Are you exercising? If so what type of exercise, how many times and week and for how long?

Are you on medication for your hypothyroidism?

Would love to help! I am learning so much on this site and so far I have 3 of my clients working with me as a trainer and with this fitness pal tool we keep track of their food.

Hope to hear from you soon and know more about your success!
  • ileesa
    Hello Anick:

Great to meet you. Yes I am exercising, I do Hip Hop Abs every other day, Walk for about 40 minutes daily, strength train with 3 pound weights, ( I want toned, sexy arms, not rippling muscle) I also wait tables in a very busy Cracker Barrel for 4-5 hours four days a week. I am pretty active and willing to try even more exercise routines.

I do take medicine for my hypothyroidism, but it still seems to effect my weight loss. I probably don't eat enough, but I don't get really hungry till the end of the day...and I probably eat a lot of the wrong foods...they taste sooooo goood! ha ha

I am trying to get healthy, not just so I look and feel good, but so I live a long, healthy life and can still play with my grandkids when I have some... I would love to have you as a supportive friend.

Leesa
  • ileesa
    The strength training is 3 sets of 20 on my arms, with about 10 different arm exercises, then I do 3 sets of 20 full sit ups and 3 sets of 20 crunch. I am just starting this so I am building up. I really need something that targets belly fat, and love handles.
This discussion has been closed.