What do you do after work?

Options

Replies

• Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am up at 5am daily for my workout, so by the time I get home from work I am WIPED. Typically I will do a load of laundry, get dinner ready, feed my family, help my husband clean the kitchen, and collapse on the couch with a glass of wine or a cocktail. I'm in bed at 8:30p, as I really need a solid 8 hours of sleep each night.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    vape and watch cartoons....
  • Saskwatch99
    Saskwatch99 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    vape and watch cartoons....

This made me laugh.

I stop cussing.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    www.beachbabyflipflops.etsy.com and this was yesterday's project:m8t3843fosne.jpeg
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Monday through Thursday I will stop at the park & get a walk in if the weather cooperates. Friday nights are date night and DBF & I either go ballroom dancing (if there is a dance available) or bowling. I will sometimes do yoga after work if I have a stressful day. For non-food or tv hobbies, I read a bunch, and sometimes knit (which I can do while watching tv, but it keeps my hands busy so no snacking).
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I clean the house
    feed my spawns

some times take them hiking to a nearby trail specially now that they are on summer vacation or let them chill while I get on the treadmill and work my butt off until one of them needs me. (Usually happens every 10 mins)

So im basically on the treadmill in 10 minute intervals. So frustrating some days. Some times I just give up and drink.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I am gathering from these responses that I definitely need to acquire some new hobbies. I live in the desert and it supposed to be near 120 on Monday so anything I can do inside helps. I too want to be a reformed couch potato @healthykaitlin

Also live in the desert (phoenix) but heck still have to go out for live music and dancing and work up a sweat on Friday and Saturday. Though I am pretty much a couch potato the rest of the week. Definitely no running and such outside this time of year.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,650 Member
    Options
    I have no life whatsoever so that's when I get my long walks in. It also gets me out of the apartment since I've been known to be doing a walking dvd and walk myself to the beat of the music right into the kitchen and thrust my hand right into a box of cereal or bag of mini marshmallows. :)
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Typically get home around 8 most nights. I shower, eat, foam roll, stretch, do general mobility work with the tube on, prepare lunch for the next day then it's off to bed. Usually by 11 cause I gotta wake up way too goddamn early. Adulting sucks.
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Grab the kiddos, head home, start dinner immediately after walking through the door....,eat, do dishes, clean up after everyone, start some laundry/pick up around the house, get the kids ready for bed, THEN I get to work out in my basement. I'm usually in bed around 10.
  • hittingitonemoretime
    hittingitonemoretime Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Sometimes I have to go back into work in the evenings. Most of the Time I spend time with my daughter put her to bed, and then do my school work..
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day really. It may be the gym, it may be ironing the laundry at home or going out with a friend to the movies or for dinner. When it is stay in there are couch potato watch TV days, but usually they are combined with knitting and or sewing or reading.
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Go for a run then basically just hang out with my family and watch TV
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Catch up with my girlfriend, take the cats out in the garden, then go ride my bike for about an hour. Then dinner together. Usually then other activities together...
  • rmfindleyjr
    rmfindleyjr Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Prepare myself a nice dinner, maybe watch some TV...be ready to start my workout at 5:00AM
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Working is for chumps
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I normally goto the gym and then come home make dinner and crash in front of the TV till bed
  • heathershaw4785
    heathershaw4785 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Touché @ncboiler89
    What do you like to do in your free time?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Well I work in a gym.........................so I work out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My usual schedule for work is in the evening time, I don't get off until after 9. I don't have any drinking buddies so I can't hit the bars, so I just come home and go to bed. Sad existence.