Thanks for the support...or not

Options

Replies

• stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing! I've never attempted a 5k and am pretty sure I wouldn't finish a 1k if I didn't walk.

Be proud of your accomplishment and ignore all the idiots in this world, they aren't worth the energy.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    hope you reported the douche canoes..

and congrats.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on the 5K! I wonder if either of these people have ever finished a 5k, let alone broken any world records. It sounds like they cant handle someone else's accomplishments, and that speaks volumes about their characters. You didnt need them to finish the 5k, and you dont need their slimey pats on the back. Keep up the awesome work and use their jealousy to fuel your desire to succeed.

Sounds like they need to hit up some message boards on Manners and "How to be a good friend"...because who cares if they are healthy and thin and fit and happy if they make everyone around them miserable?
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    BE VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF. Congrats and great job- keep up your hard work and hey, you have something to work towards!!
    People should not belittle someone's accomplishments. That's what MFP is here for - support and encouraging people to keep up their hard work and stay motivated. I hope you don't let people get you down, you are much better than that.

Success Stories.. it is what it is.. a success story. :) where people can inspire and motive others with their success.
    I hope these people don't see my success story and bash me for posting it. :)

congratulations again for finishing your 5k. be proud of yourself and keep going.
    like i say.. we all have a start... but we don't need to have an end :) keep running and give it all you got.
  • Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Forget those two idiots:noway: .....you're awesome and we're proud of you!!!:happy:
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This is the place to brag! Congratulations on your 5k! I don't care if it took you 10 hours to complete, it is still an accomplishment! People who make comments like those should be ashamed. How horrible. I'm sorry that you had to deal with that, but I commend you on how you handled it! :) Congrats again!
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Are you serious?!?! Wow what **** weeds! You have every right to be DAMN proud of yourself!! Its more than what I could do, that is for sure!!! These morons probably had nothing better to do then pick thru peoples triumphs and try to bring them down. I wonder if making fun of your time improved theirs??? Nope, probably not. Way to keep your head up and stay awesome....the CLASSY MPF peeps on here love ya doll :flowerforyou:
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Meh, dieting makes some people mean.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    WTF? I can't believe people did that to you. How terrible.

And how untrue! Finishing a 5K is a great accomplishment, and one that you should be very proud of. I'm glad that you didn't let those two jerks take away from your pride.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    whack.gif <---- to the nasty PM'ers and Woot_Emoticon.gif on your 5k!

I Agree with this ^^^^^

Alway be proud of your accomplishments. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    whack.gif <---- to the nasty PM'ers and Woot_Emoticon.gif on your 5k!

I Agree with this ^^^^^

Alway be proud of your accomplishments. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

woah! sweet calves!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Seriously.... someone did that??!?!!??!?!?!

Personally... if it were me..... I WOULD name them...... to shame them.....
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    :noway: It's sad but it happens....some people lose brain cells instead of fat cells.

WTG on your 5k!! Don't let people bring you down. If I were in your shoes, I would copy and paste the message they sent you. post it here, and sit back and let the world see how little they really are. :laugh:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Seriously.... someone did that??!?!!??!?!?!

Personally... if it were me..... I WOULD name them...... to shame them.....

This would be considered a personal attack and could get the OP in trouble - it's against MFP rules. If someone sends nasty messages to you, the proper way to handle it is to report it to Mike or a moderator, NOT to publicly shame them.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Who gives a hoot if you ended up walking round the 5K??? Who cares what your time was (other than you LOL)? At the end of the day you achieved something brilliant, you should be way proud of yourself!!!! :flowerforyou: People are so small minded sometimes, they're not worth bothering about.

Kudos to you on getting out there and doing something amazing!
  • hardenedheartx
    hardenedheartx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing your 5K!! I completed my first one about a month ago, so I know how happy you are about it. It is an amazing accomplishment no matter what the time. Ignore the haters and keep focusing on you, and know that the majority of us are here to support and motivate you. Keep up the great work!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Well, finishing a 5k at ANY time is better than I can do right now, so congrats on that. :)
  • leialai
    leialai Posts: 8
    Options
    that's awful that someone would criticise you for what you are doing! I remember when i first did a 5k, i walked most of it, was the last to finish and the organisers had to wait around for me to cross the line lol! But i was still so glad i did it and so proud of myself for even doing it when i was massively uncomfortable with it in front of everyone! we are all just making our way on our own personal journey of self improvement, and no two people's journeys will be the same, so no-one should abuse you because of your choices! you go girl, be proud of your achievements - big or small!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Meh, dieting makes some people mean.

LMAO...yes it certainly does!!! Congrats to you for your accomplishment. You are the only person that matters, so don't let the haters get to you!! I ran a 5K and I am in pretty decent shape, and had to walk half of it...it was dang hard!! I am very proud of you and your response to those nasties was incredibly mature and civilized :flowerforyou:
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I've never done a 5K, so you are better than me already. I have seen so many rude responses lately, I think people need to remember the old saying, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!"

Congratulations on your success!

editing to say, just looked at your time - I used to work on ambulance at 5K events and for kids in somewhat good or great shape, I remember waiting over an hour for some to return - so you did do great in my book!