Thanks for the support...or not

Options

Replies

• leialai
    leialai Posts: 8
    Options
    :noway: It's sad but it happens....some people lose brain cells instead of fat cells.

haha i love that :)
  • _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    Options
    I know I couldn't run a 5K. Congratulations to you, and don't worry about the naysayers, if they have nothing better to do than put people down than they must have pretty pathetic lives.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    OMG, are you kidding me? I cannot believe that some people out there would do that. We are all supposed to support each other, not criticize each other. You deserve to recognize your success. Completing your 1st 5K is a big deal, no matter the time achieved on your 5K. That happens to be one of my fitness goals that I hope to achieve in the next few months. Congrats, I am very happy for you. To me, completing a 5K is a big deal!
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, but I love the way you handled this! Congratulations on finishing your 5K... I think that's AWESOME! :flowerforyou:

^^ This x100! Way to go!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    wow what horrible people to crush down your achievment like that. i hope you reported them.
    and you should be braging. finishing a 5k is amazing no matter how long it took you. not many people can do that. well done.
    keep up the great work.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Toot your own horn and enrage them some more. I love making an *kitten*'s *kitten* itch!

Keep rocking it girl, your rocket has no brakes!:glasses:
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Holy eff do people suck! I started my c25k last September and am HORRIFICALLY slow but am still proud of myself EVERY TIME I run. So...I am proud of you too, stranger! Hopefully that makes up for SOME of how those AH's made you feel.
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Shame on them! I can't believe people have that kind of nerve! Be proud of yourself!! Congratulations on finishing your first 5k!!! You are a MUCH better person than they will ever be!!!
  • megansprague
    Options
    I don't know you, but I love the way you handled this! Congratulations on finishing your 5K... I think that's AWESOME! :flowerforyou:

^^I agree^^

I don't think I could finish a 5k at this point and honestly, if you got it, flaunt it! I posted a NSV about touching my toes... It feels awesome to impress yourself and you sound proud, as you should be!!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Wow...some people...jeez...

Congrats on your 5k. You have EVERY right to brag about it! :flowerforyou:
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Big congrats on the 5k! That's a great achievement and you should be proud of yourself.
    Don't be disheartened by the nasty people who send you the unpleasantness, and continue being super!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Wow, i cannot believe that some adults never grow up and stay with the playground mentality.

These people are not worth getting upset over....although i understand why you are.
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I did a 5K years ago and it was really hard going...well done you! Hopefully the negative comments will just fuel your determination to carry on and perhaps next time you could even do a 10K!

xx
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Congratulations and be proud of yourself!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I had to take a break from the message boards just b/c of @sshats like that. Too many people that give unsolicited advice. It MIGHT be one thing if you ASKED for advice on how to improve, but to slam you for your time just b/c you were proud you did it? total f-ing BS. And I agree with what many said above, you handled it gracefully, WAY more than I could have. ;)

I'm going for my first 5K on July 30 and I can almost guarantee I will be walking 75-80% of it. But dangit, I will finish it one way or the other! Great job!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    What's next for you? A 10k perhaps.... That will really get their panties in a twist.

Yea you! Good luck and Congrats!
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing your 5K! I've run half a dozen over the last year and a half, and I use the term "run" loosely, because my best time is about 39 minutes (and lately it's been in the low 40s). I'm sure there are people who wonder why I put myself through all that for such a slow finish time, especially when I tend to finish in the bottom 5 or 10 of my gender/age group, but I'm not competing against anyone but myself. I do it because I CAN. So don't let anyone make you feel bad - running 3.1 miles is a LOT more than most people do!
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 5k and sorry someone tried to make you feel back for sharing your success.
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I had to take a break from the message boards just b/c of @sshats like that. Too many people that give unsolicited advice. It MIGHT be one thing if you ASKED for advice on how to improve, but to slam you for your time just b/c you were proud you did it? total f-ing BS. And I agree with what many said above, you handled it gracefully, WAY more than I could have. ;)

I'm going for my first 5K on July 30 and I can almost guarantee I will be walking 75-80% of it. But dangit, I will finish it one way or the other! Great job!

I let me tell you where you went wrong by quitting the message boards.....(really kidding!)
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    I did a 5K years ago and it was really hard going...well done you! Hopefully the negative comments will just fuel your determination to carry on and perhaps next time you could even do a 10K!

xx

Let's not go overboard Dear :)