Help! 16 days til wedding dress fitting...

Options
KiwiKamikaze
KiwiKamikaze Posts: 31 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey all. I don't normally come on here, but I just need to ask: is it possible to go from a 30" waist to 29" or 28.5" in about two weeks? Right now my dress is made for a 28.5 mid waist and won't zip all the way. My actual wedding is 8/14, so if I could get really close to fitting in my dress I may opt for not letting it out.

Some background:
Height = 4'11.5"
Mid Waist = 30"
Under Bust = 33"
Low Waist (1" below navel) = 34"

My diet changes haven't been perfect (although I plan to really push myself the next couple weeks). The past 2 months I've been doing strength training 3 to 4 times a week with some short, interval cardio mixed in.

This week I started 5 days a week doing 2 total body stength (interval training) sessions with 3 core intensive cardio/HIIT days. Will this be enough to even get close? I'm grateful for any experience anyone shares, because I'm honestly freaking out.

Replies

• normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Try going low carb for the next 2 weeks (South Beach Diet phase 1). Good luck!
  • cjfarborist
    cjfarborist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Who needs tge added stress of worryong about uour dress fitting right before your wedding. Let it out and dont stress anymore about it. This is coming from a lady who just dealt with this a few months ago.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    It's unlikely because you don't know where the weight is going to come off. Just get it let out. As someone that had a lot of issues with my wedding dress (bordering falling off at the wedding due to strength training despite many many alterations), save yourself the tears and stress of it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Get a bigger dress.
  • KiwiKamikaze
    KiwiKamikaze Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Serah87 - I don't have the money for that....
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I was in a wedding a month ago, and the bride's dress had been altered too small. She had lost quite a bit of weight since she'd bought it, and I guess they didn't do a final fitting after they altered it - we had a good 2-3 inches of zipper that wouldn't go anywhere.

Do your best in the next couple weeks, but I think everyone's right - plan on having it let out and/or having something like a modesty panel put in if needed so the dress is comfortable.

~Lyssa
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I can reduce my waist almost that much with a waist cincher, which is what I would do in that situatiion, but be prepared for the discomfort especially if you're going to be wearing it all day and never have before.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I can reduce my waist almost that much with a waist cincher, which is what I would do in that situatiion, but be prepared for the discomfort especially if you're going to be wearing it all day and never have before.

Just what I want in my wedding day, to be horrible uncomfortable with it difficult to eat, drink, or breathe.

Op, have the dress let out. My shop said they could turn around last minute alterations in a week if you do end up losing a little by your wedding day.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I would agree you could easily and pretty comfortably cinch one inch with good shapewear (What Katy Did are very good, you don't need a proper corset for that little). But I'm used to being trussed up and I don't find it uncomfortable.

BUT if there is the option to easily let out the dress that may be the better route to go down.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm Team Take The Dress Out and don't worry about it.
    But if you REALLY want this specific size and you're not low carb already, go low carb these next 2 weeks and see if you can lose that little bit of water weight.

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Try going low carb for the next 2 weeks (South Beach Diet phase 1). Good luck!

No.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Let it out. You're going to be tired, stressed, busy, probably hot, and in all of that trying to find perfection and beauty in the whole day. You're going to be stressed out enough as it is as the day draws near. Take care of it now.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ruin it for everybody with a bride all cinched up and about to puke. What a memorable day.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There's no shame in shapewear!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Mavrick_RN wrote: »
    Ruin it for everybody with a bride all cinched up and about to puke. What a memorable day.

You've tried it, have you?
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm with the others. Get it altered. :) But I might also try something like Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred and be extra careful with your diet (ie weigh everything!).

EDIT: I will say that the 30DS that I recommended as an example is only 30 minutes long each day. It probably wouldn't be too hard to fit into your day, especially if you use it as your sole source of exercise for the next two weeks. It can't hurt to try a new routine like that. Please don't go overboard though. Like others have said, the stress isn't worth it.
  • SallyKaPow
    SallyKaPow Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love how controversial this post has got already!

Personally I'd get the dress let out and frankly not worry about it. It's your wedding day. ... I'd want to be happy and comfortable more than I'd want to be a particular size. Also. .. for me losing an inch and a half off my waist equates to quite a bit of weight loss which I wouldn't want to try and do in two weeks.