Wierd *kitten* you eat while "dieting"

Options
I'm eating rice pilaf, half a bag of salad with BBQ sauce all mixed together, because I forgot my real lunch...as opposed to the pizza I very much deliberated in ordering.
What wierd stuff do you eat from time to time? Thought it'd be a an interesting topic =)

Replies

• Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I had boiled eggs with all my bell peppers and onions i turned into fajitas because I forgot to buy chicken o.O
  • babyxfangs
    babyxfangs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just have a mug of chicken broth if I am craving chips or something at night, or I will wrap deli meat in lettuce with mustard etc, when I want a sandwhich but am watching my carbs, or don't have enough calories.
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I put veggie hot dogs on my salads.
    Oh, and sometimes I'll heat up half a can of refried beans mixed with salsa and dip raw broccoli in it. Sounds nuts-o, but I actually like it. Sprinkle on a little nutritional yeast and it's even better.

That's just normal food, though.

Back in the day when I was into bigger deficits (like, when I was a teenager) I used to sprinkle Crystal Light mix or straight up artificial sweetener onto crushed ice and chew on it. I don't recommend that.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've made garlic seasoned ground turkey burger meat (not patties, just ground meat) and then made a turkey cheeseburger salad. Complete with pepper jack cheese, pickles, onion, tomato, ketchup and mustard all on a massive bed of romaine lettuce. The ketchup was more of a garnish and the mustard.... That was almost like the dressing.

I'd do it again!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I've made garlic seasoned ground turkey burger meat (not patties, just ground meat) and then made a turkey cheeseburger salad. Complete with pepper jack cheese, pickles, onion, tomato, ketchup and mustard all on a massive bed of romaine lettuce. The ketchup was more of a garnish and the mustard.... That was almost like the dressing.

I'd do it again!

I've cooked ground beef and added salsa, or ketchup and relish, and eaten it like that!
  • RosieRose7673
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I'd do it again!

I've cooked ground beef and added salsa, or ketchup and relish, and eaten it like that!
    Great minds think alike! :smiley:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I'd do it again!

Great minds think alike! :smiley:

Mine has not been very great as of late, but certainly in the days that I would do this, I was more on top of my game! :laugh:

I will come back to this thread as I think of more. I eat weird combinations of foods that entertain others.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    The other day I ate mac and cheese with chicken and salsa added to it...was pretty damn epic.
  • RosieRose7673
    Options
    AspenDan wrote: »
    The other day I ate mac and cheese with chicken and salsa added to it...was pretty damn epic.

Have you tried adding grapes to Mac n cheese?

It's delicious!!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is scrambled eggs on a big salad and put ketchup on as dressing. Yummmm. Sounds gross but one of my favorite things. Brings back memories of being a very broke college student. We didn't haven ramen noodles back then! Lol
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Just smaller portions of my normal food. I know, it sounds really crazy.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I had left over lunchmeat so I made an accident Buffalo Chicken salad by throwing together stuff I had in the fridge. It was off the hook good.

Salad bag
    Black Bear buffalo chicken slices
    30 grams gorgonzola
    Artichoke hearts
    50 grams avocado
    Pepper rings
    Chick peas
    Fat free Italian dressing

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I put shredded chicken in my scrambled eggs in the morning to get a bump of added protein lol
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is scrambled eggs on a big salad and put ketchup on as dressing. Yummmm. Sounds gross but one of my favorite things. Brings back memories of being a very broke college student. We didn't haven ramen noodles back then! Lol

ketchup on salad, btdt. for me it was beans, not eggs on top, though.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    dmsl977 wrote: »
    capaul42 wrote: »
    I put shredded chicken in my scrambled eggs in the morning to get a bump of added protein lol

I saw a dish in a restaurant once with grilled chicken in the eggs. Kind of like an omelet. It was called Mother and Child Reunion. Totally made me laugh.

That's awesome! It's pretty tasty in a wrap and I usually add green onions when I have the time :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm not above just sitting and eating a packet of smoked salmon. That's not a new habit though..........