Need breakfast other than eggs

Options
I am on a very low carb program that for the next 30 days I can only have proteins, fats & dairy. Any suggestions for breakfast besides eggs and meat, or recipes for breakfast?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with avocado - yum
  • butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are always pretty good. Greek yogurt that's plain mixed with a favoured protien powder is pretty good as well.
  • elgie3
    elgie3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    smoked salmon/trout on bed of greens. Could do a "hash" thing with it as well. There is nothing that dictates fish or greens or anything else is for breakfast only :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Dairy seems pretty obvious. Greek yogurt.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!! Yummy!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    When I was following a low carb plan a few years ago I used to have a grilled chicken breast with veggies and a little olive oil for breakfast. Really, you can eat whatever tastes good and fits your plan. It doesn't have to be 'breakfast' food.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Low carb bread, pnut butter and bananna
    Cottage cheese, salted peanuts, berries
    Fat free Greek yogurt w berries
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    u dont need to eat breakfast foods... i ate risotto for breakfast this morning because thats what i wanted.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    peanut butter straight outta the jar, like an animal.
  • Jcl81
    Jcl81 Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I enjoy chicken, beef, protien shakes, whatever fit my macros is what I eat no matter the time if day. There is no breakfast, lunch or dinner for me. I eat what I want when I want as long as I get those macros/calories and see results while staying healthy. The rest is insignificant, unless a person is going on stage, or makes money off their body, no need to be that into detail.
  • BrendaHaasch
    BrendaHaasch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had yogurt and plenty of fruit ! when I need that something sweet taste, I will have a small bowl of cereal and that always solves that sweetness craving. Hope you can find your answer.
  • Spiegelchan
    Spiegelchan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hot salad :) I made it in a frying pan a few days ago - spinach, peppers, snap peas, avocado, and broccoli florets. I did hold it together with an egg, so it was like scrambled egg salad, but you can totally leave it out. You can probably use lettuce leaves as a neutral "side" since you can't have any kind of bread or potatoes with it.
  • sc0rpi0gal
    sc0rpi0gal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, raspberries and strawberries with greek yoghurt, sprinkled with toasted muesli.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    200 calories for a pork chop.
  • southhamptonmike
    southhamptonmike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    full fat Greek yogurt with walnuts, flax or chia seeds on top. High in protein, fats and fiber. Use 1, 2, or all 3 as toppings.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!! Yummy!

OP is on a low carb program. I doubt that oatmeal is on the menu.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    u dont need to eat breakfast foods... i ate risotto for breakfast this morning because thats what i wanted.

OP is on a very low carb program. How many carbs was your risotto?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    samatz wrote: »
    I am on a very low carb program that for the next 30 days I can only have proteins, fats & dairy. Any suggestions for breakfast besides eggs and meat, or recipes for breakfast?

I can't wrap my mind around a low carb program that doesn't have eggs or meat. If your doctor put you on this very low carb plan, do ask for a referral to a dietitian who can assist you with meal plans.

If you are doing low carb for non medical reasons - good news! It's not necessary to be low carb in order to lose weight. I myself found reducing carbs (and increasing protein) helpful, but am in no stretch of the imagination low carb.
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do plain yogurt with apple, celery, and walnuts. Kind of like a Waldorf salad! I hate eggs in the morning. I can't even swallow them.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Eggs have always been my go to breakfast. Lately I have switched to homemade smoothies. I also enjoy avocado toast for breakfast.

But I agree that breakfast is just another meal. So eat what you want. Just remember food is fuel :)