Wierd *kitten* you eat while "dieting"

Options
2»

Replies

• Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Favorite snack right now-- Sensible Portions veggie sticks with either ketchup & mustard or two tablespoons of low fat salad dressing (Bolthouse Farms chunky blue cheese is super yummy and only 35 calories per two tablespoons--yogurt based dressing). These are delicious combos to my tastebuds--others might think it's kinda weird.

Weird thing I do with Quest proteins bars--microwave the bar for 20 seconds. The chocolate chip cookie dough variety tastes like a warm, oven fresh cookie! This bar has 190 calories and 20 grams of protein. I also love the s'mores bar--so yummy warmed up!
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well running late for work (12 hour rotating shifts...ugh!) I have been known to throw all kinds of stuff together to save me from the snack machines!!! Last week I was grabbing cream cheese, black olives and hard boiled eggs! Yummy, btw
  • mattb714
    mattb714 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    After reading some these, mine aren't too weird :)

A go to of mine is a can of tuna with some sriracha. Super low cal, maybe throw in some crackers for carbs too.

The other day I wanted a salad with chicken breast in it, but had no chicken. So, I chopped up some turkey lunch meat and threw it in. It was delicious.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    More like all the time now I have a potato and jalapeno sandwhich. I bake a potato cut it in half and put a tablespoon of diced jalapenos with no calories in it and eat it like a sandwhich.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I top salads with sardines or herrings often.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I had tinned sardines in tomato sauce on toast for lunch this week. I didn't know that would be considered weird. It is very British.
  • lizpletan
    lizpletan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love all these. Is anyone here from the Midwest/familiar with Runzas? It's a fast food joint but instead of burgers they have "runzas" which are buns stuffed with ground beef and cabbage. I like to make the runza filling at home with onions, ground turkey and cabbage and just eat that with ketchup and mustard. My husband thinks it's gross lol.

Another thing I'll eat is brown rice with a can of tuna, soy sauce and sriracha. Or just a whole bag of frozen veggies.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I had tinned sardines in tomato sauce on toast for lunch this week. I didn't know that would be considered weird. It is very British.
    I've always eaten them. I just never put a can on a salad before last year.
  • worsthorse
    worsthorse Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    crack open a can of tuna. squirt with mustard and hot sauce. mash together and eat.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    lizpletan wrote: »
    I love all these. Is anyone here from the Midwest/familiar with Runzas? It's a fast food joint but instead of burgers they have "runzas" which are buns stuffed with ground beef and cabbage. I like to make the runza filling at home with onions, ground turkey and cabbage and just eat that with ketchup and mustard. My husband thinks it's gross lol.

Another thing I'll eat is brown rice with a can of tuna, soy sauce and sriracha. Or just a whole bag of frozen veggies.

I miss Runzas. No mustard though, please.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    lizpletan wrote: »

Love Runza! I'm in Nebraska, and I used to love eating Runza. I want to try your version...sounds like a great alternative :)