Are there foods you force yourself to eat because ''nutrition''

Options
If I did, it would be stuff like spinach, eggs, yoghurt, carrots, beans, chickpeas and fruit.

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I eat foods I like. Why force yourself to eat things you don't like.
  • magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    They have this nasty thing in New Zealand called Silverbeet. We used to have it all the time as kids. It hasn't appeared on the table for many years, hmm. Maybe we can afford spinach now. I don't mind it with other things, but I wouldn't eat it by itself.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Nope, I enjoy all the things that I eat.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Nope. But I'm not a fussy eater either so it's pretty easy to meet all my nutritional needs with things I like.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    no
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    No. If I needed a certain nutrient from food I'd pick a food I like. I don't think there's any nutrient that only comes from one type of food.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I don't like liver. There's no way I'm eating liver for any reason. I can't think of anything else I don't like... maybe that's my problem. I love all the foods!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't force myself to eat anything. If I don't like it, I don't eat it.
    There's never only one food that has a particular nutrient. I can get what I need from sources I actually enjoy.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. Rutabaga will never hit my plate. My husband hates peas, and I don't think he has to eat them.

Now with Brussels sprouts, I always hated them until a friend served them in a way I had never had them prepared...and now they are a bona fide favorite!
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I love all foods but organ meats. I definitely won't even eat them even for health benefits.
  • Galadrial60
    Galadrial60 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nope...keep balanced. Love most things...will NOT touch Kale...rather have spinach.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Have you tried cooking it differently? Or eating them raw? I hate cooked carrot but love them raw :smiley:

As I live by myself if there's something I don't want to eat- I don't buy it to begin with. The same goes with food I'd know I'd binge on, like artisan breads, crisps, blocks of cheese (I buy the little proportioned ones to stop myself from pigging)
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Only in the sense that I'd rather have a cupcake than eat something with protein in it.
  • magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    frando wrote: »
    Have you tried cooking it differently? Or eating them raw? I hate cooked carrot but love them raw :smiley:

As I live by myself if there's something I don't want to eat- I don't buy it to begin with. The same goes with food I'd know I'd binge on, like artisan breads, crisps, blocks of cheese (I buy the little proportioned ones to stop myself from pigging)

I like carrots if they are cooked
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of foods I don't particularly like, but there are also lots that I simply won't touch, ever. I've learned to like stuff like beans, oats, bananas and tomatoes, and I can tolerate most fruit and some raw veggies, but I just can't bring myself to eat mushrooms, kale, zucchini, and a lot of other "healthy" foods. I'd rather be hungry.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    frando wrote: »

I like carrots if they are cooked

dsgstd-nrd.gif
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Liver. I tend to get low in vitamin A and my doctor pushes liver. I'll tolerate a bit of liver pate but that's it.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Nope. I eat an absurd amount of fruit and veg, but I do it because I like it. When I'm lifting, I'll sometimes grab a good vegan protein powder and toss it into almond milk, which I don't LOVE but it makes me feel steady after a work out, where a bowl of blueberries probably won't. That's about it, though.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If a food makes you feel repulsed, sick, forced it actually probably isn't healthy for you to be eating it. Digestion is an entire process which includes the feeling of being appetized by the food and feeling positive from the experience. If your body is rejecting the food, that's not a healthy state to be in. You could prepare a food differently to make it more palatable, though.