Dreaded Soda

Options
Help!! So my weight loss is slow...very slow but still going. (small blessings!!) And I know for a fact my weakness to soda is the culprit.

Not only do larger amount of carbs stall weight loss for me, everything in there is garbage and inflates my caloric intake.

What do you guys recommend to help? I cant be the only one who has suffered. Tea is my best friend and all I drink besides water. However it doesn't seem to be enough when I wanna reach for that bubbly goodness.

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Can you stand drinking diet soda?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just mix it with some flavored water. I use diet Sierra Mist mixed with some flavored water, usually lemonade. Less than 5 calories and bubbly goodness.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Diet soda or sparkling water. That's all I drink outside of plain water.
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Do you have sugar in your tea? If so cut that out. When you change your diet your taste will change and some things taste better. I can't even drink diet soda it gives me really bad acid reflux. Very rare I treat myself to one. But there is way too much sugar in soda it is really really bad for you. Try & quit it & go diet soda. I drunk a lot of diet soda & that's not good for you either if you drink too much. But it's better than full sugar. You should alternate with diet soda & water or squash. you don't want to end up like me lol
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I drink Coke Zero in the bottle, not the can. Gives me the soda taste without the calories. Scientists say that it will still put weight on your body but I haven't seen it yet, personally. The fun thing is the caveat of "may" is always added. It may do this, it might do that.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Diet dr. Pepper is awesome, or I love unflavored sparkling soda with sugar free syrups (the kind you flavor coffee and Italian sodas with) or you can muddle fresh fruit with the sparkling water. I love fizzy drinks, I don't think I'll ever give the. up completely
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Try switching gradually to diet soda. It's not especially good for you, but at least you can cut the calories/carbs. Maybe start by using half of your regular pop and add half of the diet version. Adjust little by little til you acquire a taste for the diet version.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Pelligrino w a tablespoon of juice!
    Or
    Laqroxi (spelling? Lol) w fresh berries
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Pelligrino w a tablespoon of juice!
    Or
    Laqroxi (spelling? Lol) w fresh berries

Lacroix
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr Pepper. Lacroix.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is my go to drink
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is actually worse for your body. Yes it can help your weightloss but its bad for you. I would say just stop buying. Trying cutting down to only buying it when you go out to eat. Unless you go out everyday to eat. But dont put it in the house. I wish i had better advice but i dont drink soda its too sweet and bubbly. I use to drink it until i did the gallon of water a day for 28 days challenge now i cant stand to drink a whole soda i just get a sip of my husbands when we go out.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    She already knows about water. She posted about it in her post. She wanted an alternative to regular soda.
  • raccoon3
    raccoon3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    La Croix! I HATE diet soda (just don't like the taste) but La Croix hits that refreshing, bubbly spot for me. It takes a little getting used to since it's not sweet at all, but I think the orange is a really good "transition" flavor from regular soda - it has a really strong, almost sweet taste that isn't quite as big of a change as some of the other flavors. I love them all now though!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,638 Member
    Options
    She already knows about water. She posted about it in her post. She wanted an alternative to regular soda.

Deja Vu.

I'll be pushing the diet root beer agenda today. When I drink soda, it's the only one I'll drink just cuz it's the yummiest of all. :)