Intro: Hi! I'm Jenny!

Options
j_courter
j_courter Posts: 999 Member
I found this site after watching the transformation of a friend who has already lost around 25 pounds here. I haven't had much luck on my own, but after two days here, I'm beginning to think all I needed was a little accountability. You know, a reason NOT to eat half a pan of brownies in one sitting! A reason to exercise regularly, even when I feel like sitting on the couch.

First I'd like to tell you a little about myself. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 13+ years and am a stay at home mom of four children ages 4-11. I also teach them here at home, so that makes exercising and healthy eating a little more challenging because sometimes I just want eat whatever's simple and easy.

My mail goal here is to become more aware of the types of food I'm putting into my body and to begin making healthier eating choices. I'd also like to be more dedicated in exercising. As a bonus I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds, but I'm not trying to make that my ultimate goal. I believe a lifestyle change is what I really need. Sweets are my biggest weakness... cookies, granola bars, pudding, cake, ice cream, you name it...

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to meeting you too!

Jenny

Replies

• Stacey661
    Stacey661 Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome! I have only been here a short time too, but everyone has been really welcoming and supportive. I am a SAHM too and can totally relate to eating whatever's easy, and I am also guilty of grazing just b/c I happen to walk by the kitchen. :)
  • j_courter
    Options
    Oh, I hear you there! My kitchen and living room are all one area so the kitchen IS the main room in my house! AAAAHHHHHH! Tracking what I eat is really motivating. Once I know I'm going to see it in black and white, I can refrain. I guess that's all the motivation I needed (so far).
  • Doglady72
    Doglady72 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Jenny,

I am new also. Only been on this site a few days. But so far I think it will be a great to me. as I can see what goals I need to do to reach my certain weight. Add me as a Friend if you like. I can use all I can get. My name on here Is Doglady72
  • rachaelhefner
    Options
    I don't have kids yet, but I do have a husband who can eat what he wants, so I have had to find some quick and easy recipes that way i'm not stuck eating pizza and corn dogs! Let me know if you want me to mesage you a few of them!

GOOD LUCK:)
  • melinda6569
    melinda6569 Posts: 124
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Family..you will love it here..the support you get is AMAZING!! Feel free to add me as a friend! Anyone can :smile: Good luck to everyone..
  • j_courter
    Options
    The quick recipes would be wonderful and very much appreciated! Thanks!
  • j_courter
    Options
    How do I add friends?
  • tsaenz09
    tsaenz09 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi Jenny! I'm new to MFP too and I also know what you mean about eating whatever is simple too. I also have children and work full-time. My husband works out of town so it's a challenge to eat healthy and exercise. When I get home I just want something simple to make for dinner because I'm always so wore out from my busy schedule. I just wanted to say good luck in your pursue for a healthy life. And to add friends click on anyone who has left you a comment, it takes you to their profile, then click add as friend.