New high weight! Who's with me?

Options
pambella1
pambella1 Posts: 10 Member
Hey peeps,
The past few years have been a real struggle. I lost both my parents in 2.5yrs. I've always turned to food for comfort. A couple months ago I stepped on the scale. I was shocked to see I had gained 30lbs on top of another 30lbs I had gained the year beforehand. I was so close to my goal...ugh! Now I'm back to square one. I have over 100 lbs to lose. Not sure of the exact number because I'm staying away from the scale. I do have plans to face it on July 1. At which time I'll only weigh in monthly. I find weighing in weekly was too much for me at this time. You see I did the 21 day fix after "doom day". (After the eye opening weigh in) I lost 10 lbs....I thought the results would have been better. Considering how strict the program is. Which in conclusion I've decided I need to be realistic about this. No more quick fixes, fade diets or starvation tactics. Moderation is key!

Replies

• johnaaradford
    johnaaradford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! One day at a time
  • pambella1
    Options
    Thanks John.
  • ofcsfoster36
    ofcsfoster36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was the same way always looking for that quick fix miracle. Wish I would have learned the proper way sooner. The best weight loss method is balanced meals and keeping yourself in a healthy calorie deficit. Best of luck to you, face it one day at a time.
  • juiceburst8
    juiceburst8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss, losing your parents must be horrible and it is understandable that during such a difficult time you gained some extra weight.

As you said moderation is key, but don't beat yourself up if you have a few days where you go over your calorie goal or don't lose as much as you hoped, it happens. Every little bit you lose is a step closer to achieving your overall target.

good luck :smile:
  • pambella1
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. I know I can do this!
    Good luck to you as well JB.
  • AmyMasonerWasson
    AmyMasonerWasson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Sorry to hear of your loss. Good luck with the weight loss, you can do it!
  • pambella1
    Options
    Thank you Amy.
  • charleefriesen
    charleefriesen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I was shocked by the scale a couple of weeks ago too! Feel free to add
  • GuruBoy
    GuruBoy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're all in the same boat. I love to eat. I love to eat. So I have a new plan. Portion control on the entree just so I can have a few bites of good food, then get full on fresh veggies, no dressing, no croutons...just stuff like celery and carrots, tomatoes, cukes, etc...and then gotta exercise daily...starting off small...15 min bike rides for a week, then increase by 3 min each week...do you have a game plan?
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Quick loses often don't last. 3 years ago I lost about 12 Kg, and then plateaued for about 2 years, actually gained back 2 Kg. Now I'm continuing on again.

Before that I actually got my weight much lower, but it didn't hold, because you have to change the way you live.

Best luck to @pambella1. When it comes to scales, do whatever works for you. There are no rules, just the body you have to live with.