Family Struggle

Options
Ive been going to the gym since March and changed the way i have been eating. Something is working, however i have asked my husband to go with and my daughters. I even asked my husband tonight if he has noticed? His reply was no. I have lost 7 pounds since i have started.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Your husband sees you every day, so the changes aren't going to be as apparent to him. Give it some more time. Focus on the positive changes you have made and make friends here who will help you celebrate every pound lost.
  • jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    My husband never notices until like way later.
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good on you for your commitment to going to the gym, and your weight loss! :)

Keep in mind that your healthy rate of weight loss (losing 7 lbs over 3 months) is very gradual and so the people around you may not notice any changes for some time. You might find that people who don't see you so often will marvel at your weight loss when they finally set eyes on you after a long period where you have changed.

Keep up the good work. You're doing something fantastic for yourself, regardless of how long it might take others to notice. Consistency and patience are very important, so stick with it and you will reach your goals.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is like peeling an onion :) Keep going, you've got this!!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot to lose and they see you every day they wouldn't notice. I'd lost 50 lbs and my husband didn't notice.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice a difference in my own appearance between photos until I had lost about 15-20 lbs.

7 lbs may be too subtle of a difference for people who see you all the time to notice. The weight you lose comes from all over your body. I did not notice my dh's weight loss much and he lost 30 lbs. I was surprised it was so much. He wasn't really making a purposeful effort to lose weight. He was wearing all the same clothes. After he told me I noticed the differences much more.

You are doing well. Don't worry about others noticing or not.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Nobody noticed until I was down 40 lbs.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats on your hard work!
    Take some before and after pics for yourself...
    Your hubby sees u everyday so he might not notice, but don't let that discourage you, you're doing great!
  • KAWittler1970
    KAWittler1970 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Kids and husbands can be difficult they dont always realize the impact they have on us wives and moms.