Any other women trying to get down to a size 10 final goal?

Options
I notice that a lot of women prefer to get down to a 2, 4, 6, 8, but I rarely (never?) see a size 10 goal. Perhaps it's because I'm taller than the average woman coupled with the shape of my body (defining waist, with very wide hips, and big bust) I don't think I'd be ideal for a size smaller than 10. I have seen women with my shape who were less than 10 and they looked great! But they were also much shorter than me. I've also seen women my height who looked great as a 2, 4, 6, but they weren't nearly as hippy as I. That's why having both characteristics add to my (personal) ideal dress size.

Anyway, any other ladies with my goal? I don't care about what weight I am. I just want the size 10 dress size. :)

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I would say a 10 is about right for me. Mayyyyybe an 8. I'm about 5'9. I was a 10 once upon a time and I looked hot. In that size but more toned would had been perfection. So that's what I'm aiming for. Right now I'm in a 16 and sometimes 14. I don't have much boobage (C) but I have me some hips and some legs, which I both love.

I keep seeing girls my height on here wanting to be a size 4 or 6 as well but I'm a latina and I love my curves! I want to keep them!
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    Options
    I haven't been a 10 for a very long time, but even at a size 10, I would still be considered overweight. However, I'm 5'6", so 125 is ideal for me.
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So when I hit my "goal" I was an 8/10, now 10lbs above I'm still an 8/10. I feel really good here honestly, but societal pressures say...I'm huge...ridiculous right? So in the back of my mind I'm hoping to lose the extra 10, because the 8/10s are a little snug, and another 10 to hopefully get down to a 6/8. Because why? Because everyone says 8/10 isn't good enough...I don't know what I'm really rambling about, the point I want to make is that you need to make your goal personal to you. You need to get to a size where you are comfortable and who cares about the rest. Because honestly, no one but you knows what your the tag on your jeans says and honestly no one cares.
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Redhead, what makes you think you'd be overweight at a 10? I'm 5'6, not overweight and as I mentioned often wear a 10.
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is my goal, I'm still at 195 but my upper body is bigger than my lower. My tops are Large but would love to be a medium!!!! Anyway, I've been in a 12 for like 3 months. I tried on a pair of 10's at Cato's and they were comfy but I'm not buying any until I can buy several and fit comforatbly in them. Good luck and good job!!
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My final goal is a 10...I am working on my last 10 pounds now too, quite ironic....
    Feel free to add me for support!
    Great job so far by the way!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It's what is right for you. Frame size, height, weight, and body proportions all affect size of clothing. I'm 5'5", 134lbs and can wear an 8, but prefer the comfort of a 10. I'm ok with that.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I would say a 10 is about right for me. Mayyyyybe an 8. I'm about 5'9. I was a 10 once upon a time and I looked hot. In that size but more toned would had been perfection. So that's what I'm aiming for. Right now I'm in a 16 and sometimes 14. I don't have much boobage (C) but I have me some hips and some legs, which I both love.

I keep seeing girls my height on here wanting to be a size 4 or 6 as well but I'm a latina and I love my curves! I want to keep them!
    Hey, I'm 5'9" too!

Thank you and everyone else for responding. Just wanted to see others with similar goals to mine. Sometimes it's just nice to read other posts who have similar goals with you that you can relate to. :)
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My first goal size was a 10! I made that and think I can go lower to an 8 but I'm happy at a 10. I'm 5'7" and weigh 160 lbs and couldn't be happier. I think as my body composition changes and I tone up I will go down to an 8 but we'll see. Either way I'm down to a 10 from a size 20 and starting weight of 243 lbs.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Size 10 would be amazing for me!!! Right now, I'd like to fit into a 14 from my current size of... I have no idea! I hate clothes so much that I still wear my maternity stuff so I don't have to look at the number sizes! Mind you, my youngest child is already 9 months! Don't think I even own a pair of pants with a number size anymore... that's pretty sad. LOL! If I had to guess I'd say that I wear about a size 20 right now, though. :grumble:

It'll come, I just have to be more disiplined.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    My final goal is 160 - which would probably put me in a 10 or 12. But I won't be overweight at that weight. I have no desire to be super skinny.
  • CoastieGMWife
    Options
    When I was a healthy weight before I was a size 10. I'm slowly working my way down there again, but being 5'11 my final goal weight is higher than some members beginning weight. It comes down to height most of the time.
  • Kfu50
    Kfu50 Posts: 3
    Options
    I too woud be happy with the size 10. I was a 12 in Jan. when I decided to cut back to one job. Unfortunately it was the one workin me to death but burning mega calories. 5 months of total leisure for the most part, and tons of comfort food had it's cost. At 187 it was enough. Lost my first 10lb. first couple weeks in June, then joined myfinesspal., 6 more lbs last 2 weeks. This sight has been great for me. Hope the rest of you enjoy it as well, it just helps me make better choices.
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My final goal is a 10...I am working on my last 10 pounds now too, quite ironic....
    Feel free to add me for support!
    Great job so far by the way!
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am also an 8/10 goal person. I'm pretty stacked, so even if I were to lose a lot, I'm thinking I'd be very satisfied with that size. I guess I wont really know til I get there. I've not worn that size since elementary school.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Yep me too!! I prefer 10 or a 8 and do not want to be super skinny.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I'd be thrilled in a 10! I'm a 14 now (down from 20) and was mostly a 10/12 way back when I was young and fit! I was an 8 (or a little smaller -- clothes got loose and I looked awful), when I was unhealthy and skinny and don't plan on that ever again!! As you can see on my signature my final goal is to be determined by how I look and feel when I get there... I don't think any of us should get caught up in what any formula or especially society says we should weigh!!
  • bluebelle00
    Options
    I'd LOVE to be a size 10 in jeans! I'll just be happy with a solid 12 though...that's what I wore throughout high school & I looked awesome. :) I think it's better for those of us "blessed" with wide hips to not focus so much on pant size as much as getting our weight in the healthy range.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I was totally happy at a 10! I've noticed this too that a lot of women want to get down to a size 4 or a 2, that's just TOO small for me. When I met my husband, I was between an 8 and a 10, and I felt great! I'd be willing to go back to either of those sizes.