Vivofit bracelet

Options
anybody out there using vivofit or other fitness monitor wristbands out there? I am getting mine on monday and I am hopin it will gove me the extra push I need to stay consistent with my diet/exercise routine. I haven't gained weight but I haven't lost any either. I know if I keep active it will help. What are the pros and cons?

Replies

• magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have one, and its awesome because the battery lasts the year. Unfortunately, I don't like having stuff on my wrist, and I feel like if I wear mine, I HAVE to walk 10,000 steps a day, so I don't really wear mine. So stupid. I think its worth the money if you intend on using it. Its great because it also doubles as a watch. I would look into getting a more expensive model that vibrates when you need to get up and move, that has alarms on it, possible GPS etc. I hate how I have to sync it to the website. I don't think the website is that user friendly, and I don't like having it connected to myfitnesspal, because it tends to give me too many calories to eat, or restricts how much I can eat. I had my default calories set at 2000 a day and when it syned with the website (either the garmin or mapmywalk), I ended up only having 1200 calories a day to eat, which is not enough for someone of my height and weight.

Good luck to you. I would suggest not connecting your pedometer to myfitnesspal and manually submitting fitness. I calculated 1,000 steps as being 10 minutes of walking as the slowest possible setting (even if I was walking faster than that), then ate back all of the calories, and still lost weight at a reasonable rate. Hope that helps!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have a vivofit. I love it got it for xmas. I set a goal of 5000 steps but usually still go to 10000. And if you haven't lost weight then youre probably not logging your food correctly. I lost my first 15lbs without even getting off the couch haba
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have the vivosmart. It's pretty neat, if you have a smartphone and can sync it with the app. I think it's probably a little inaccurate but it's a great motivator. I highly recommend it...
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Vicoactive--LOVE it! I'm Terpsichorre in Garmin if you want to add me. :smiley:
  • tiddolski
    tiddolski Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :) I love my vivofit. Name is scarjunior on there if people would like to add me on Garmin
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love my vivofit. It keeps me motivated to keep moving!