10 Weeks with MFP today I'm Exhausted, cold and not on it!

Options
louhogg1
louhogg1 Posts: 8 Member
Feeling really disheartened, I have about 130lbs to lose, was really effecting my health and was hard to walk. I have now lost 14lb and 16 and half inches. But I'm feeling really unmotivated and gutted really. I've been so focused but today I can't do it.

Replies

• CarmenChaban
    CarmenChaban Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. Remember, what you have already accomplished is awesome, focus on that for the day. Success never comes easy but it will come to those who can push through the bad times as well as the good.

I too get disheartened and have a lack of motivation at times. I was depressed for over a year and felt like a failure but now I'm focusing on getting past all that and moving forward. I suspect I will have many days just like you are having now, I've already had more than I care to admit. For a year, I literally got up each morning and told myself I was a good person, that I had worth and that I was caring, compassionate and loving. That was pretty much all I could do each day, everything else exhausted me.

I'm finally through what I like to call "my dark ages" knowing that I have managed to put most of the depression behind me...gives me hope.

You are not alone in your struggle...stay strong!
  • tosi1312
    tosi1312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Greetings. Maybe you should reflect on why it is that you feel demotivated. Structure is for me very important.
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Maybe have a day or 2 away from it. Think about what you hated about what you have to eat or do. Then think about your goal & think of alternatives food wise & exercise and try new things. If you keep to the same you'll soon get bored. It's OK to take a break, we can't all be like machines. You've done a huge achievement so far. Come back to it with new eyes & ideas & you'll do even greater things. Best of luck!
  • pbandalyssa
    pbandalyssa Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    There are good days and there are bad days. It's absolutely normal. The importance, if you fall if, is that you get back on. If you need a day to regroup, reflect, get yourself motivated again - DO IT! Take a day, eat a slice of cheesecake, and the next day get right back in that mindset of success. You can do it. :)
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    louhogg1 wrote: »
    Feeling really disheartened, I have about 130lbs to lose, was really effecting my health and was hard to walk. I have now lost 14lb and 16 and half inches. But I'm feeling really unmotivated and gutted really. I've been so focused but today I can't do it.

Firstly that is amazing progress, I mean you've completely exceeded what most people can expect. If you're just not feeling it then just have some time off and stick to your diet. You can still lose without exercise if you stick to your diet. Or even just do some light exercise that doesn't demand too much, go for a walk for example. Just don't stress it, if anything you can afford to relax here, literally.
  • matt88uk
    matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your motivation and support. I refocused, thought about how the future would look if I ate an extra 500 calories a day. I let myself off for the day yesterday . Thanks guys your awesome x
    Listen to your body I been dieting down 130 days with MFP lost around 2 n half stone but the past week I have felt de motivated and lethargic and have had cravings through the roof so I decided to take a week break eating at maintance calories and now I'm mentally ready to get back on the wagon n smash my goal!
  • robbina1292
    robbina1292 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just refocus. Tomorrow will come. Next year will come. Do you want to be closer to your goal in the next year? It happens a day at a time!
  • BahiaHondaLadyIguana
    Options
    Our weight lost goal is pretty much identical (I want to lose 130 - 150 when all is said and done). I've been discouraged many times before, lost 35 pounds, gained it back, lost 50 pounds, gained it back plus some...it's hard. Just take it one day at a time, and remind yourself that losing weight is going to be much easier than dealing with the repercussions of being 130 pounds overweight when you're in your 60s. And KEEP MOVING! There is nothing better than exercise to help with lethargy and depression (psychological inertia is a *kitten*).

You got this! I'm going to add you as a friend, if that's ok!
  • nwd1976
    nwd1976 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just hit my first 20 kg mark today. Some days are hard, somedays just don't work. But get back out there tomorrow do something different for your exercise and look at the big pitcure of what you have already achieved. You can do it
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery :)
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I also had to lose 130 if not more. Currently down 80 in 5 months do not give up! Trust the process and even more trust yourself that you can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!