Herbalife

Options
So does anyone take this? I have a friend who swears by their product but to me it's waaayyy to expensive for what it's worth. I can get whey protein for about $35 but through them it's like $90! I can get my creatine around $12 but through them it's $40 for the same amount. They say there stuff is pure and clean but it has way more additives than the product I get. Also remember seeing a article that they were a pyramid scam.

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    So does anyone take this? I have a friend who swears by their product but to me it's waaayyy to expensive for what it's worth. I can get whey protein for about $35 but through them it's like $90! I can get my creatine around $12 but through them it's $40 for the same amount. They say there stuff is pure and clean but it has way more additives than the product I get. Also remember seeing a article that they were a pyramid scam.

Are we still discussing protein powder or.....?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Of course they say it is good!! Do you know why? Think about it....................they want you to buy their crap. Don't do it. Save your money. There is cheaper stuff out there that does the same thing.
  • x311sublimex
    x311sublimex Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

Are we still discussing protein powder or.....?

More just in their general products. I don't really see paying all that money being worth it for their products.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not such a great friend that they think they can sucker you into buying crap from them. Drop the so called friend - you don't need them or Herbalife in your life.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry... your friend is actually trying to make money off of you. Or sign you up and make money off your sales.

this is how pyramid schemes work. and you're right, the price IS ridiculous. Because you're paying all the thousands of people upstream.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    MLM scam and has been linked to liver damage.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy any of their products but you should make your own decision.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy any of their products but you should make your own decision.

I'm sure they will, based on feedback from others familiar with the product who also have no financial incentive to push the products.
  • Nickyc00
    Nickyc00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started it to kik start a diet and had used Herbalife for about year and half.. It's is expensive but personally found it a good product. I actually got more nutritional value from a shake than a normal meal as I used to skip breakfast. I also used to have protein bars and tablets. I found when I came off and relied on dieting alone (I run and am active) I became deficient.. Esp in iron. I still use it to boost my nutrition or when I'm not eating a proper meal because of lack of time and before running etc. I also continue to use their vits and fibre and herb tabs to boost my energy. I do know that It can be higher in sugar so if your watching sugar intake you may want to think about using alternatives. That's the reason I stopped as I'm watching my sugar intake ..
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Not such a great friend that they think they can sucker you into buying crap from them. Drop the so called friend - you don't need them or Herbalife in your life.

that may be a bit harsh. It is possible that the friend just bought in hard to the propaganda and is trying to share their belief. But if they keep pushing it, ditch them.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's poo. Stay far away.
  • x311sublimex
    x311sublimex Posts: 40 Member
    Options

that may be a bit harsh. It is possible that the friend just bought in hard to the propaganda and is trying to share their belief. But if they keep pushing it, ditch them.

Haha they don't push it on me but they do act like its the best thing in the world. Lol
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Better stop drinking green tea then as well or drinking or any number of things than can cause liver damage.

http://livertox.nih.gov/GreenTea.htm

I don't think the herbalife product is anything special, and you certainly can buy protein and creatine for a much better price with better macros and less sugar elsewhere.

It's no magic bullet and IMO not worth the money, but it's also not going to rot your liver like people here like to present.

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    meh it's a meal replacement, they all work the same. I'm a rep so I get the stuff at a discount or else I wouldn't buy it.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    w7yjooq82v30.png
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    http://www.mlmmyth.org/alan-aragon-on-mlm-health-product-quality/

Many MLMs simply brush it off by saying that the quality of the products are superior to other non-MLM products. Of course it wouldn't make sense that the distribution method is related to the quality of the product, but I've learned to never credit the MLMers with an over-abundance of smarts.

What if the experts actually said that the MLM products quality was WORSE than their non-MLM equivalaents?

That's what Alan Aragon said in a Facebook Post:

I regularly get questions about this or that MLM product, whether it be Advocare, Herbalife, Visalus, Isagenix, or Whateverthehell. I am yet to come across a health/nutrition-related MLM company that doesn't economize production costs with sub-par nutritional formulations, especially the protein-containing products (for example, MLMs love to use soy as the first ingredient or fructose as the second ingredient). Adding insult to injury, these protein-based products cost at least double that of the leading non-MLM brands that actually use higher-quality protein formulations. To top it all off, these mediocre MLM products are hyped as the best things on the market, and of course they rely on the emotional triggers of zealous testimonials rather than the weight of the scientific evidence. So yeah, my opinion of MLM-based nutritional products is LOL (yes, let the hurt flow through your butt over that)

• tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It is very expensive, there are other products out there that would work just as well. It might help get your weight loss started but I wouldn't use it for very long, it's better just to learn to eat better.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It's snake oil. SMH.