bad week of bingeing

Options
This week I've binged quite badly. I felt unwell and constantly tired and didn't go to the gym once which isnt like me at all. I probably had 3000-4000 cals on each day. Eek! Yesterday I proper pigged out and had 4200 kcals :( . I was doing so well and lost weight but I was terrible this week. I kept being like this week, tomorrow I'll be healthy, today I'll let myself have a cheat day and it went on for the whole week. Sometimes I binge and then it'll turn into a couple of days of binging. It tends to be worse when I'm sedentary, unwell or upset. I feel like a failure when I don't go to the gym. I've probably put on two pounds this week and it'll take me ages to get it off. I feel disgusting and am worried about lapsing again and undoing the hard work :(. I feel like I can't even look at myself because I feel like a fat failure.

Replies

• endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. Today is ..well..Father's Day and a treat day. You can do it!

I've put on 7 lbs since Friday. You have it easy with 2 lbs :) Don't worry.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I'm sure quite a few of us have felt that way. For some reason, when I'm having huge amounts of stress at work, I don't go to the gym during that time. It generally lasts a week at a time. Then I dust myself off and get back at it.

Honestly, this happens to me about every 4-5 months. And you know what? I'm ok with it. I think some of us need rest time, regardless of if it's emotional, psychological, physical, or mental. Bottom line, YOU need to take care of YOU. You'll know when you've got it in you to get back to it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It won't be hard and won't take long to lose the binge weight because most of it is water. Just get back on the plan and stay on it for a week and you can forgive your past. You might as well forgive your past, it's not going to change anyway.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It won't be hard and won't take long to lose the binge weight because most of it is water. Just get back on the plan and stay on it for a week and you can forgive your past. You might as well forgive your past, it's not going to change anyway.

Well said!! It's done! Move forward.
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Have a day off everything, think about what you want & who you are doing it for. Try eating new things try doing different exercises. Come back to it with new eyes if you are eating the same thing you'll be bored treat yourself to a small treat now & again. Keep changing your workouts so your body is always guessing. You can reach your goal you just need to change the game to suit you
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    How large was the calorie deficit you have been running prior to the binge week? Did you feel deprived at all when you were losing weight?

The important thing is you say "enough is enough" and get right back to the diet you were on and forget of the binge you had and return to how you were when you were going to the gym.

You may have gained a couple of pounds with that many calories, but losing weight is a marathon, not a sprint.
    This won't derail your progress you have made and continue to make.
  • DonnaVE135
    DonnaVE135 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    and sometimes I think our bodies need to have a check that we are not actually starving, just eating healthier and smarter. From an evolutionary standpoint, we hate less food! So have a little extra sometimes, it makes your inner cavewoman feel good about the food supply. Let her know that she can concern herself about something else. She has kept you and your ancestors in the gene pool for eons, let's give her a hug and the occasional cookie! :)
  • Imthempres
    Imthempres Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have dealt with bingeing on sweets for most of my life. I know it happens as a coping mechanism for stress. It definitely happens more when I'm tired (often). For me, I don't seem to be able to "have just a little". I do better when I eliminate sweets. Today I decided to get back on the horse and tackle this again.
    We can do this.
  • fitnessqueen91
    fitnessqueen91 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    thanks for your kind replies everyone, I will try to get back on track tomorrow. No I WILL get back on track! I still can't help feeling a bit disgusting but I know once I get back on track those feelings will diminish. I think when I feel frustrated, stressed and ill I binge. This week I was so exhausted (maybe from the weather and I had an infection brewing). Sitting around at home and not exercising makes me feel hopeless and lazy. Funny enough exercise actually makes me feel less hungry because of the endorphins. I'm hoping I can get the weight off in a week. Usually my calorie deficit is 1000 including exercise. Say I'll eat 1700-1800 cals but burn 500-800 with exercise. Most days I'll reach a deficit of 1000-1200.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Why wait for tomorrow when you can start now. Psychologically, starting today can make a huge difference in your attitude tomorrow. Also, if your schedule permits, get outside and go for a walk for an hour. You'll get some fresh air and relaxation, you'll burn some calories, and it's a start toward getting in a better mindset. Good luck!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. People are giving you good advice; just move on from where you are rather than getting stuck because of it.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Aww man. The good news is that it's only a couple pounds if you stop now. Not tomorrow, now.

Clean out the cupboards and the fridge tonight, go grocery shopping for your favourite healthy foods, and maybe avoid the trigger foods for a while.