Need help cutting out the sweets!!

Options
2»

Replies

• DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You are me op! I noticed my sweet craving at night is triggered by being tired (having a 4 month old baby hasn't helped that). So if I can, I'll go to bed when the craving hits. If not, brushing my teeth has helped. Worst case scenario is I'll just eat whatever I'm craving and log it.
    I also eat very small breakfasts and lunches and leave myself the bulk of my calories for the end of the day when I have less will power to resist.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I just did it cold turkey. Stopped buying junk food, problem solved for me. If I don't have it around, I am not likely to go out and get it, tbh. I've tried cutting back but if it's in front of me, I can't stop.
  • Imthempres
    Imthempres Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is a problem for me, too. I have made a conscious effort to at least buy healthier versions, but the bingeing is such a defeating activity. Today I made a decision to get back on the horse once again. Being aware of the damage I'm doing to my health and psyche is paramount now.
  • rachel29hart
    rachel29hart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know I'm a bit late on this post. I have THE biggest sweet tooth ever. I mean, I pretty much need sweets for every meal. I have been slowly cutting them out by drinking dessert teas. My favorite is the Chocolate Macaroon tea from Davids Tea. Add some honey and splash of milk and it's the low-calorie alternative to cookies or sweet Starbucks drink. It's great for a nice boost during the day or as a night time "treat". I also keep a bag of Werthers hard caramel candies at my desk at work so I can suck on one for a while until my craving goes away. It really helps a lot!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    They make a really great creme brule tea too!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My blood sugar was too high so I cut out all processed foods, like flour, sugar, etc. I do each fiber full carbs like beans though. I plan on doing so for 90 days, going to PARIS on vacation and drinking some wine and eating one pastry daily, and then following up with my doctor.

What's this damned deception about chocolate not being a good group?!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I didn't cut OUT my favorite foods. I just cut DOWN on them. I want to be able to sustain this lifestyle for eternity, so it makes no sense to me to deny myself the good things. I just need to make sure I don't consume too much of them. :)
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I didn't cut OUT my favorite foods. I just cut DOWN on them. I want to be able to sustain this lifestyle for eternity, so it makes no sense to me to deny myself the good things. I just need to make sure I don't consume too much of them. :)

This. So much this!!!
  • eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Eat peanut butter! Or some greek yogurt and fruit. I used to eat sooo much ice cream before bed. I can't just eat a little bit (that is me). But now I seriously just eat a big spoon of peanut butter (natural) and its very satisfying. Complete food!
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Late night eating is my downfall. I agree with the others who say to leave calories for it. I find that I will skip eating something during the day just so I will have extra calories at night. I find it easier to save calories than not to eat then. I used to try not to eat after 7pm. It felt like torture.

Skinny Cow ice cream is awesome. I like the Dannan Fit and Light yogurt too. If I have the calories I mix in a little dark chocolate. Not sweet but I like popcorn at night too.

Not sure why but dark chocolate is much easier for me to moderate than milk chocolate.