Bestest things your S/O has ever done for you

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    never ever ever ever ever ever ever give a response to my behavior when its not logic based and my emotions are running high. simply waits until Im over it and then says, yeah, Id love a sandwich :)

so if i wack out, its not for attention, cause thats never gonna work with me.

In other words, the best thing he's ever done for me is be an equal adult next me that treats me as such, even when I dont behave that way.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    He's done lot of amazing things for me...right now I'm pregnant and really hormonal. And recently I freaked out on him for NO REASON at all. I yelled at him and made him feel like crap.....He left the house......and came back 15 minutes later with flowers and told me how much he loved me, then gave me a hugs and kisses. He is the most amazing man in the world! I am blessed to be carrying his child!:flowerforyou:
  • lilylover2012
    lilylover2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Some of the best things the hubby has ever done for me is....

*Let go of his entire life to move halfway across the country with me because I had no choice but to go at the time. This was within our first year of being together and if he hadn't believed that I was the one for him, I doubt we would be together now.

* Took me to go "window shopping" at the mall and actually took me to the jewelry store instead to buy me a black diamond necklace and ring that I offhandedly looked nice when I was flipping through their magazine a few weeks before that.

*Surprised me at work one Valentine's Day with two dozen stargazer lilies (my favorite), a big box of chocolates, and a stuffed animal (I collect them).

*Saved up and surprised me with a laptop that I desperately needed but didn't think I was going to get anytime soon because of the cost.

And the very best thing he's done? Reminded me every day that I don't NEED to lose weight because he's always found me incredibly sexy and always will but still encourages me to do whatever makes me happy! He's my biggest support.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The BEST thing he ever did for me was to give me my children. The next best thing would be that he always encouraged me to do better and to reach higher and higher with everything in life.

Oh, it was really cool that he built furniture for me as a hobby. He made a huge 6 foot wall unit, flower cart, tile fireplace and lots of other things. He even made a snack tray for my mom when she was sick and staying with us for a while.
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    He's done lot of amazing things for me...right now I'm pregnant and really hormonal. And recently I freaked out on him for NO REASON at all. I yelled at him and made him feel like crap.....He left the house......and came back 15 minutes later with flowers and told me how much he loved me, then gave me a hugs and kisses. He is the most amazing man in the world! I am blessed to be carrying his child!:flowerforyou:

Wow, he is amazing! I would have left the house for 6 hours and came back home with a cheese burger just for myself! :laugh:
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    My boyfriend is such a patient, kind, and caring man that it would be hard to say, but there are some cute little things he has done that come to mind. We have always been semi-long distance (now we live about 45 min apart, before it was about 1.5 hours) and he used to surprise visit me on random week nights quite often. We would be chatting on the phone and all of the sudden there would be a knock on my door and he would be there--that was the best! Plus he would drive me to work in the morning if he stayed over, which was really nice so I didn't have to take the bus. Now he works shifts that are either very early in the morning or late at night so he can't do it anymore. Before we started dating I asked to borrow a book he was reading, and he sent it to me when he was finished with it. In the package, there was also a book about Jane Austen that he had bought just for me! I hadn't even talked too much about my love for Austen yet (although I was an English major so it might be kind of obvious) and I just kept thinking "well this man really knows the way to my heart." When I get grumpy he tickles me until I cheer up. I kind of love that. He also doesn't complain about the fact that it takes me about 1.5 hours to get ready in the morning or an hour to eat pretty much any meal. I have never in my life met anyone who was so patient. I could go on all day.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Everyday that I wake up I get to see her beautiful face and everytime I go to bed I see her beautiful face again.

Just knowing she is in my life makes me happy.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Kissed me when he thought I was sleeping.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    He hasn't left........ YET?
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    Mine hates coffee, even the smell of it. But about once a month he will wake me up with a cup of coffee in hand. Makes me realize how much he loves me, that he does something he hates just to make me happy.
  • ndwyer0910
    ndwyer0910 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Supported me through life....no need to say more :)
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome hubby who is always really supportive but weight-loss wise he offered to buy me a yearly gym membership as I've started going again. That is really, really sweet and it is great that he wants to help me achieve this weight loss goal. He also drove me to my swimming lessons because I was soooo nervous.

I have a wonderful hubby :love: :bigsmile:
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    Three years ago, for my 25th birthday, he took me to Kiawah Island to see the beach/ocean for the first time in my life. He talked to my boss and got the time off for me, all as a complete surprise. We left on a Sunday and he told me to pack on Friday.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My husband is notorious for being one of those cardgivers that just lets the card do all the talking and just signs his name at the bottom. But on this year's Valentine's day, he wrote both sides of the card FULL just telling me all the things he loves me and how happy he is in his life now, ect. In the near 8 years we've been together, he never did that. :3
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Best thread. I think the best time my BF has done is just everything really. He is incredibly supportive and tries to help out the best he can. Even if it is as simple as asking, how many more calories do you have for the day? Should I really make dessert? Just being there for me to talk to, go on walks/hikes/climbs with. He truly is wonderful and keeps me on track.
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend made me a YouTube video on Valentine's Day. That one really stood out to me. He posted it on my Facebook wall and when I clicked it, there was an animated video of a chipmunk in the woods (I call him Chippy as a pet name) saying, "I love you, Kat" and I just melted. There was a wedding song playing the background. The fact that he sat there making me a video and putting on the internet for the whole world to see made me all melty.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It's the little things that mean the most to me...

example: we went to a baseball game a few weekends ago and a girl who came with us had made a bracelet out of a baseball and I thought it was the cutest thing and I wanted to make one too. My boyfriend came home the other day with a baseball and set it on the table, I asked what it was for and he said "so you can make your bracelet".

like I said....little things
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    Three years ago, for my 25th birthday, he took me to Kiawah Island to see the beach/ocean for the first time in my life. He talked to my boss and got the time off for me, all as a complete surprise. We left on a Sunday and he told me to pack on Friday.

ooohhhh and he took a physics class with me last semester THAT HE DID NOT NEED just so he could help me.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'd call these the BEST things, but some of my favorite things are...

He didn't treat me any differently when I weighed 245 lbs then he did when I weighed 150 lbs. He still made me feel sexy and wanted.

He kisses me before he leaves for work every morning (I'm usually still in bed asleep).

He leaves little notes on my computer for me to find when I wake up.

When we were stationed in a small town in the middle of nowhere, I wanted the new Dark Tower book. The day it came out, after he got off work, he drove 40 miles to the closest bookstore and picked it up for me as a surprise.

Even though we were 15 and 17 when we started dating, and I got pregnant 4 months later, we've been together almost 20 years and they've been very happy ones. I adore that man.
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Finally quit playing World of Warcraft. I thought it would NEVER end.
    also quit smoking. for him self, but also good for the family.