Bestest things your S/O has ever done for you

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Because, there is ENOUGH whining and complaining about your partners on here!

I was having an AWFUL day once, just awful. My fiance calls me, and starts to play the piano. He left work early, to go home and play the piano for me for like an hour.
It really is the little things like that.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Super stinking sweet!

I have to say the one thing my husband did that was the biggest surprise (other than serenading me with a song he wrote on the beach in Santa Barbara right before asking me to marry him) was last summer I kept talking and talking about all these bikes I found on craigslist and did he think that was a good price for a used bike, etc. A few days later I came home from work and there was a brand new bike sitting in our kitchen. Love him!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Only been together a few years but breakfast in bed was the kicker for me. 1st time I had ever had it happen and it was a total surprise. He is a great cook.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    He has done a lot of wonderful things.
    But the one I appreciate most is doing everything for me while my backs heals...and without complaint.

Jules:flowerforyou:
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    sign the divorce decree..

maybe this wasnt what you were looking for?
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    This past weekend we took the kids back to school shopping in Birch Run. I had been hinting that I'd love to go to Bronner's (a HUGE Christmas store). He's kind of a Scrooge but took us anyway. We were there for an hour and a half and not once did he complain. He grabbed a basket and told the kids and to pick out what we'd like! That's a first for him and that we the sweetest thing!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    sign the divorce decree..

maybe this wasnt what you were looking for?

perhaps, but I think this still applies to the topic.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Surprised me with a trip to Rome when our son was studying there last semester.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Getting direct deposit so I have access to his cash.

Haha... JK. He cooks all the time. Very yummy.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Very simple answer......He loved me.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My husband does wonderful things for me all the time. When I am having a bad day he will pick up a carryout lunch from my favorite Indian restaurant for me. He empties the dishwasher and cleans the cat box occasionally. The grandest gesture, though, would be the year he bid on an autographed, game-worn hockey jersey and won it for me in a breast cancer awareness auction.
  • kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    mine paid off my student loans. serious stress relief right there.
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We've only been dating for a year and a half, but..

The absolute best thing my boyfriend's ever done for me is that he saved my life. Literally (I was suicidal when we started dating).
    Aside from that, it's a long-distance relationship because we're both in college (he's doing a 2yr program, I a 4yr, going into our second year), and along with going to school full-time, he also works full-time just so he can have money to come visit me.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Surprise trip to NYC shortly after our daughter was born. Just the two of us. It was so much fun.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Love this thread, thanks for posting it! So tired of hearing women complain about their husbands!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My husband does the best thing for me every day. We get up at 4:40 and he makes the coffee and brings me a cup to drink in bed before I work out. He's done it everyday, no matter what else is happening between us, for all nine years of our marriage.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Mine is patient with me! On our anniversary he to went into the Christmas store with me for about 45 min and did not complain in fact he went and found a 1st anniversary ornament to show me! He also wrote the song he proposed to me with and put it on his Mix Tape and will be putting one on his album.
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Best thing my boyfriend has ever done for me... ohh dear I have to pick?

He loves me unconditionally and I have learned to love myself more and more (flaws and all) because of him. I'm always working on my self esteem and its like "OMG this hunk of a man loves my crazy @ss and he says I'm a catch?!? I must be!" :blushing: Definitely improving each others self image.

After my Doctor's suggestion I joined MFP. After mentioning it to him, he tried it and now we are a MFP couple :bigsmile:

As to surprising acts of kindness- we had been dating little over two months and for Vday he surprised me with a new claddagh ring (along with the whole 9 yards-which has never been done for me either). The ring I had since I was 15 was stolen when the jeweler who was resizing it got burgularized and I had been searching for a new one for months but couldn't settle on any. Completely blew me away and yes, I cried.

Okay top 3... LOL
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Oh wow...there are so many things I don't know if I can narrow it down!

I remember once he took a vacation day (which normally would have meant him laying on the recliner watching the history channel all day). But I came home from work that afternoon and the house was SPOTLESS!!!

On my first day back from Maternity leave when my son was born, he sent me a HUGE bouquet of flowers (from our son) to let me know that he was okay at the babysitter's.

When we were in France (on a work trip), I had to leave to come home before him, and he was freaked out about me flying that far alone. So he took me to my hotel right by the airport and then went back to his hotel and sent me the most heartfelt e-mail I've ever read. I still have it....10 years later!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Even though she is my ex, I still love her for what she has done. She pretty much sacrificed her body so that we could have babies. She has given me my beautiful kids.