Natural sugar?

Options
Hi everybody! Just a quick question for y'all. I find myself going over my sugar goal often, but most of the sugar I consume comes from fruit and veggies. Am I sabotaging myself by eating too much natural sugar? I am usually ok with everything else (carbs, fat, etc). Thanks guys!!

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a diagnosed medical conditions that requires that you limit sugar consumption, don't worry about it; just maintain a calorie deficit for weight loss.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Just a quick question for y'all. I find myself going over my sugar goal often, but most of the sugar I consume comes from fruit and veggies. Am I sabotaging myself by eating too much natural sugar? I am usually ok with everything else (carbs, fat, etc). Thanks guys!!

Basically, unless you have a medical condition that requires you to monitor your sugar, take it off your diary and count fiber instead. You are already counting the sugars in your total carb count. Many people do not get enough fiber and it is more important to digestive health for the average healthy person.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options

I don't believe so. I eat A LOT of fruit everyday and also juice some high sugar veggies like carrots and beets so my sugar intake is usually around 120 for the day, and I haven't noticed any bad effects. My blood work is stellar and I was able to lose the weight I wanted to lose. I think thre only time is really matters is if you hve a medical condition where you have to limit your sugar consumption, other wise enjoy!
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great replies! You may review your diet to sort out where the ADDED sugars are found and look for ways to reduce that.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I swapped out tracking sugar to fibre instead, too. I have no reason to track sugar since I have no medical condition and am already tracking carbs.