Thyroid issues!!

Options
I have hypothyroidism. Does anyone have any suggestions for meals, weight loss tips....etc??? I need all the help I can get.

Replies

• Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    What helps me in the food area is meat, fruit, and veggies. No gluten, dairy, or grains of any kind. Make sure your meds are at the right strength. And make sure you're getting enough sleep. Make sure you exercise whether you're tired or not. I know it's hard but we can do it!!!
  • beyondntegrity79
    beyondntegrity79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It took me 3-4 months to lose 15lbs with a trainer
  • beyondntegrity79
    beyondntegrity79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's for over 8 years. I won't go on my whole spiel here, but please, add me.

I've had four kids and I've lost 61 lbs so far, and Hashi isn't my only health issue!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    don't we have thyroid groups here ? join one!
  • arleneimojo
    arleneimojo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    radiation treatment messed up my thyroid - can't handle gluten anymore - would help to have friends on here to keep me from backsliding more
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It took me 3-4 months to lose 15lbs with a trainer

That's a great start. Slow and steady is the ideal way to lose. It may not feel that way while you're doing it, of course. I have hypothyroid and PCOS. I find I have to stay away from gluten and dairy. I also do much better when I get regular exercise, especially strength training. You don't have to spend hours in the gym, just keep yourself moving. It really does help.
  • dreadlockhippiefandango
    Options
    Puts hand up in the air. Right here. Add me we can support each other. I need help too if anyone wants to load me with advice and add me i would love it too.
  • wiferichie1
    wiferichie1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Godsgirl42 wrote: »
    What helps me in the food area is meat, fruit, and veggies. No gluten, dairy, or grains of any kind. Make sure your meds are at the right strength. And make sure you're getting enough sleep. Make sure you exercise whether you're tired or not. I know it's hard but we can do it!!!

I have to cut out gluten too in order for my thyroid to get back to normal. It seems to go wacky every other year, and I have to cut out gluten, take kelp and selenium supplements, and usually iron/magnesium as well (I am usually anemic, and low iron isn't helpful for thyroids).