Intermittent fasting - 30 pounds lost

Options

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I usually do 20:4 or 21:3 with my eating period being 12 or 1 to 4. The only time I deviate is if I am at my parents house visiting and eat tat their lunch and supper times. I eat 1 meal a day so if I go out for supper or am busy I might eat later than the window but won't eat during that window those days.
  • jhabeck1
    jhabeck1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @lhabeck23 Read the top message and those that follow. I think this would really help you achieve your goal... I'm going to start following this too!
  • carrie197618
    carrie197618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can see such a difference in my belly. My eating window is 8am-5 pm(ideally it should be 4 but I just can't seem to have supper by 4) I can't skip breakfast coz I wake up with a headache otherwise. I have seen majority of people skipping breakfast. But for me it's easier to skip dinner
  • Rebekah_89
    Rebekah_89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    acmorris77 wrote: »
    @pedraono I do not eat anything before or after my window. I do drink coffee in the morning and water. But that's it.

Is it okay to drink coffee before you allotted times? Like if you add cream and sugar, isn't that still calories consumed?
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @Rebekah_Washington I do drink coffee, black with a little splenda. I also drink other diet soft drinks, but mostly flavored seltzer water. And, I take probiotic and fish oil.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    @Rebekah_Washington I drink coffee with a 35cal creamer in it (the little cups or 1 tablespoon). If I go to starbucks I get a black coffee (half decaf) with sugar free syrup and a splash of creamer. I eat 11am-7pm. From what I have learned, you need to stay below 50 calories while fasting and that's usually the creamer.
  • cwang125
    cwang125 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    pedraono wrote: »
    thanks for sharing!

I also don't feel hungry in the morning, so I usually don't eat until 12-13. Then dinner around 19.
    I'll try shifting the lunch to an hour earlier and create some more time in between.

And don't you eat absolutely anything in between?
    I usually eat (a small amount of) fruit if I feel hungry in between. Would this totally ruin the "fasting" ?

If you feel extremely hungry eat a small apple. Something around 50 cals. Otherwise drink some water and the hunger will go away for a little while until you break your fast midday.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have read that a splash of milk in your coffee won't hurt, but I would try to stay away from anything sweet. Artificial sweeteners will trigger an insulin response, and it's the insulin response that we are specifically avoiding to get the health benefits of IF.
  • luv2chewbaca2
    luv2chewbaca2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has not only plateau'ed but Ive gained back 15 pounds!!! Im still counting cals, nothing in that arena has changed. Im thinking of doing the Intermittent fasting diet (alternating days) to recharge my metabolism. Im curious if anyone knows the answer to this. On my "down days" when I only eat 500 cals, Is this my NET cals? Or is this my total cals for the day? For example, if I burn 500 extra cals that day, can I essentially eat 1000? My NET cals would then = 500. OR....If I burn 500 extra cals that day and only eat 500 cals, my balance would = 0....? PLease help!!
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has not only plateau'ed but Ive gained back 15 pounds!!! Im still counting cals, nothing in that arena has changed. Im thinking of doing the Intermittent fasting diet (alternating days) to recharge my metabolism. Im curious if anyone knows the answer to this. On my "down days" when I only eat 500 cals, Is this my NET cals? Or is this my total cals for the day? For example, if I burn 500 extra cals that day, can I essentially eat 1000? My NET cals would then = 500. OR....If I burn 500 extra cals that day and only eat 500 cals, my balance would = 0....? PLease help!!

You eat 500 calories total for the day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!