Anyone 5'4"??

Options
what is your goal weight if you are that height?
also: any good ideas for healthy snacks between 100-200 calories?
hope everyone is doing good!

Replies

• xrunner99x
    Options
    what is your goal weight if you are that height?
    also: any good ideas for healthy snacks between 100-200 calories?
    hope everyone is doing good!
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and currently at 112 pounds, but would like to be at 108, I eat jello cups, 5 calories a cup, jello no sugar choc pudding cups, 60 cal a cup, half english muffin with a tsp of peanut butter, around 100 calories, 1 cup caramel corn, 80 calories, jos louis 100 calorie snack cake, smores granola bar 90 calories, kraft handi snacks 110 calories, for the cheese one, 1/12th of an angel food cake is around 130 calories, lettuce and tuna wrap with fat free mayo, 90 calories..I put the tuna in a lettuce leaf and wrap it up!..very yummy, I also like to freeze raspberry ice crystal light in a cup and eat it with a spoon, it's a nice frozen treat and has no calories...these are the snacks I eat on a regular basis =]
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I started out at 165 lbs. My *current* goal weight is 138... but once I get there, I will re-evaluate my body and decide if I need to lose a bit more. I think ideally, I would want to be around 130, but I am not a small framed girl... so 130 might not look good on me. I was 135 8 years ago and very comfortable with my body. Now I'm pushing 30, so a few more lbs might feel better....

I like cherry flavored prunes and Dannon Light & Fit yogurt. Together, 160 cals.
  • denimdowns
    Options
    my goal weight is 135. I think they say healthy weight is 113-145

I eat string cheese, almonds, and smart pop popcorn!
  • laurajane81
    Options
    hi 5 4 and i wanna be 150 im built big any even as a kid i was never over weight just broad built ...x
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", and am shooting for 125. It puts me close to the middle of the BMI scale. Also, I tend to gain muscle easily when I work out, and I know that weighs more than fat. This would be the smallest I've been since high school, so I'm excited to see what a difference the few pounds will make.

I go for convenience foods and pre-packaged portions. Two of my favorites now are Welch's dried fruit (90 cal per pack), and Newton's Fruit Crisps - Apple Cinnamon (2 bars for 100 cal).
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 140. The smallest I've been is 120lbs, and I was WAY TOO SKINNY!!! Bones sticking out, gross.... but I'm not small boned either. I was 140 after my son was born, that looked good on me I think, right now I'd settle with 160 :grumble:
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and currently at 112 pounds, but would like to be at 108, I eat jello cups, 5 calories a cup, jello no sugar choc pudding cups, 60 cal a cup, half english muffin with a tsp of peanut butter, around 100 calories, 1 cup caramel corn, 80 calories, jos louis 100 calorie snack cake, smores granola bar 90 calories, kraft handi snacks 110 calories, for the cheese one, 1/12th of an angel food cake is around 130 calories, lettuce and tuna wrap with fat free mayo, 90 calories..I put the tuna in a lettuce leaf and wrap it up!..very yummy, I also like to freeze raspberry ice crystal light in a cup and eat it with a spoon, it's a nice frozen treat and has no calories...these are the snacks I eat on a regular basis =]

What what?? Come again? Are you sure? I'm 5'3",with a fairly slender build, and MY goal weight is 122! If I was 112 I would consider myself UNDERweight, and I have been that thin before! (Post-surgery, and it wasn't fun at all). Okay I guess I'm being obnoxious, but still, are you sure you're really that tall and that thin? It just doesn't sound right to me . . .
  • PussyKat
    PussyKat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4, currently about 158 - 9lb and aiming for 126, as it's just below the middle of our healthy weight range. I'd be satisfied with 135 though.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    carrots and hummus are my favorite 150 cal snack!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal is 140. When I get there, I'll decide if I want to lose anymore or not. I don't think I'd want to go any lower than 135 though.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    yah 5'4 112 that is tiny thin. I am 5'1 and I maintain between 108-112! three inches is a hufe difference also
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and am hoping to get to 150. That will still be considered overweight for my height, but it will be a huge improvement from the super morbidly obese that I currently am. I want to get to 150 and maintain it for awhile and then try to get off those last few pounds to get me to a healthy weight.
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and weigh 120. Everyone tells me I look great right now but not to lose anymore. I have been maintaing for the last 5 months. I started at 186 and my goal was 140 but it came off so easliy that I kept losing until I got to 120. I have not had a hard time staying at this weight so I guess that is where my body wants to be
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I think a lot depends on your age and frame. I am 5'4" and small-boned. I always weighed around 105 pounds until I started working full-time in my 20s. Then I went up to 110 pounds.
    At age 29 1/2, I weighed 110.5 pounds at my first prenatal check-up. I gained 43 pounds with that first pregnancy and have never lost all the weight. It' s now 25 years later, and after 2 more c-sections, I fluctuate between 135 and 144. It's really too much for my body. However, I am realistic. There's no way I'll get back to 110 and no need to weigh that little. I will be 55 soon and I would be thrilled to get to 125 pounds for 2 reasons: I would feel and look better and it would mean that I am making healthier choices.
    Bottom line - you have to assess your body type and age to determine what is the "correct" weight range for you. Then try to make healthy choices for food and beverages and maintain a healhty activity level. I hope this helps - there really is no one single answer that fits everyone.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my goal is to weigh 136, I have a long way to go.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    kasuki, I just saw on your profile that you are 51. How on earth did you lose so much weight and keep it off? You said it came off easily. I'm only a few years older than you and it is far from easy. Please share your secret. Thanks!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

I hope you are seeking help. 112 is small, to small for your height. Please don't pass this on to your daughter.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

I hope you are seeking help. 112 is small, to small for your height. Please don't pass this on to your daughter.

just curious, what do you mean by that? I think she looks very nice in her photo. I am 5'6" and my goal is 135-150. prefer the low end. I know I'd look great at 120ish though, I just don't think I could maintain it. she's 2 inches shorter and weighs 112.... that doesn't seem too low to me. It is on the low side, but some are healthy on the high side... everyone is different, I don't think we should be accusing anyone of having a problem they need to be "seeking help" for. I dunno, hard to say.

To the original poster: it's best to choose a weight within your healthy BMI zone. You can always re-evaluate your goals as you arrive at them. some snacks I like: yogurt (35-50 cals), popcorn (100-150cals), pomegrante (100cals), bananas (100 cals), crackers with cheese (about 180cals). I even enjoy the occaisional Oreo (60 cals) or frozen yogurt! (100 cals)
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    I don't think the number on the scale is the real answer here.....Our bodies change with having children, aging, activity, etc. I am 5' 3 1/2 almost 5'4. When I was in high school I was around 130-135, and a size 11/12. That was with NO exercise, EVER. Then when I married I was the same wt, but with exercising a size 7/8- 9/10. At my heaviest I was 231 and probably a size 20/22. I lost 55 lbs to 176 and was a 12/14, and was jogging then. Same size as high school and almost 40 lbs heavier. Exercise put more muscle wt on me, and toned me extremely. I am shooting for around 160 right now, which barely gets me out of of the obese category, but I feel great at that wt. I will definately reconsider add'l wt loss when I reach my current goal. My favorite snacks are the 100 calorie packs, apple with peanut butter, Laughing Cow cheese wedges, walnuts or almonds. I make my own trail mix as well. Good luck everyone!