Non compatible activity tracker

Options
I've got an activity tracker which counts steps but is not compatible with the myfitnesspal app. What's the best way to input my activity into myfitnesspal?

Replies

• Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same trouble. Have you had anyone give suggestions on how to log this yet?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The way a "synced" tracker works. You input an activity level into MFP. That tracker should compare your stated activity level to your actual activity level. You would get a calorie adjustment (up or down) for the DIFFERENCE.

First find your MFP activity level based on steps..........http://www.fitnessforweightloss.com/rate-your-activity-level-based-on-steps-per-day/

Using MFP find the differences between sedentary, lightly active, etc. For steps above your stated MFP activity level, you could log "extra calories" using activity level numbers (not exercise ones).

For instance if you signed up for MFP as sedentary....that's an average of 3000 steps. If your pedometer says 6,000 steps ....then you want to include calories as if you were lightly active.

Be careful with logging steps as exercise, this will give you inflated calorie burns.

Save the exercise logs for deliberate exercise. But, if your deliberate exercise is step based, you might consider taking your pedometer off so you don't have a double count, and then logging your exercise separately.