Question

Options
I have a question, I meal planned for this week and it says that I still have approx. 400 calories left to eat. I also will be going to the gym. MFP has set up 1200 cals/day. So im only at 800 ish. When does this become unhealthy?/How can it hinder my progress?

Replies

• mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It becomes unhealthy pretty quick. You will feel it pretty quickly too, if you are going to the gym and working out at a good intensity. Why are you only eating 800 calories?
  • pdadhich721
    pdadhich721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    It becomes unhealthy pretty quick. You will feel it pretty quickly too, if you are going to the gym and working out at a good intensity. Why are you only eating 800 calories?

I don't know what else to add to my diet without adding extra carbs. Ive had 2 eggs, a banana, tofu and brown rice with broccoli, cantaloupe, an apple, and for dinner will have a salad with my protein shake
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I don't know what else to add to my diet without adding extra carbs. Ive had 2 eggs, a banana, tofu and brown rice with broccoli, cantaloupe, an apple, and for dinner will have a salad with my protein shake

Are you on a low carbohydrate plan?
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Milk, cheese, any kind of meat - all higher in calories, but low/no carbs. Avocados - I eat a whole one which averages me about 140 calories. Have some chocolate or some ice cream.
  • pdadhich721
    pdadhich721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

not really. but definitely trying not to consume breads before heading to bed.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Do you have a medical issue with regards to carbs? Are you meeting protein & dietary fat goals?

Nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive oil, cheese, full fat dairy.....these can help you increase calories.

Eating carbs before bed won't make you store fat....that's an old wives tale.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

not really. but definitely trying not to consume breads before heading to bed.

If you're already met your protein and fat goals for the day, it's fine to eat more carbohydrates. You could also add some protein and/or fat to your salad to help boost the calories.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter in your protein shake. Oily dressing on your salad. A hefty slice of cake. I was a mess for the week I experimented with 1200 calories (and that was net), it's not easy to hit that number, it's not very much food.

Of course this assumes you're logging is accurate and that you're weighing solids and measuring liquids.