ONE MONTH of NO sweets!! I'm going to do this! :D

Options
Hello friends, and HAPPY FRIDAY! I hope you all have fabulous fun plans for the holiday weekend!! :)

So, here I am...a sweets lover....a chocolate addict...a sugar craver!!! :)

I am typically NOT a fan of eliminating a certain food or food group from one's diet...because typically it BACKFIRES and you end up breaking down and gorging yourself with that 'banned food'.

But I am here to say, that I am SO SO SO tired of my current way of eating...which often includes filling my day with HEALTHY choices, only to think "I am going to eat just a NIBBLE of that chocolate bar", which turns in to me eating the ENTIRE thing, followed by a piece of cake, candy, cookies etc. etc. etc......

I am triggered into a downward spiral of absolutely HORRID eating, by thinking I can have 'just a bit' of something sweet

So...my friends....I've decided that I a going to attempt this drastic task of eating NO SWEETS for one entire month.

What better way to start, than on the FIRST of the month....

So here I go...,I would appreciate your advice, tips, support, any positiveness you can throw my way! :)

I know there will be SOME people who say DONT DO IT...for WHATEVER reason...and although I appreciate your concern...this is a decision i've made and I'm sticking to it. I'm not saying I will NEVER EAT ANOTHER DELISH HERSHEY KISS....just not in the next month, people! :)

Have an amazing 4th of July weekend.....don't forget the sunscreen, bottle of water, and PLEASE don't forget to remember how AMAZING all of the US military members and their spouses are!!

Toodles!!

Replies

• GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    No sweets like, no candy, cookies, soda?

Oh man, load up on fresh fruit! You'll need it!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    so funny i am in the same boat!! lets be friends and support each other! im starting on july 4th; one last weekend of indulging :wink: the plan for me is to detox from added sugar for the month and then only indulge sometimes...right now i stay within calories but i eat a ton of sweets. i start my day with rice krispy treats and now and laters!!! so bad!! i eat healthy meals, but my snacks are awful and ruin what could be a great eating day! If your interested search "sugar challenge" there is one starting monday.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I will do it with you. The entire month of July, starting right now!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Crap, I'm in as long as I can still have my Jello?!?!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the fruit, it'll help that sweet tooth craving. Are you doing no sweets as in no chocolate protein powder too? Cause if not since that is healthy you can make smoothies with it and it tastes like ice cream, if you are, try the strawberry or vanilla, tastes just like a milk shake
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    YES!! Who ever would like to join me, lets be friends and help support each other!!!

I DO mean NO cookies, NO cake, NO candy, no delicious little donuts covered in delicious glaze...bahahah......NONE OF THAT!!

Ok...Deeeep breath.....I REFUSE to let myself panic....I can totally do this!!!

Fruits will DEFINITELY be my friend..(I love fruit so its fabulous)...

So.....if anyone else wants to join me, please feel free!! I will definitely be here to SUPPORT YOU!!

Woohoo!!
  • mcpenni
    mcpenni Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have done no sweets as part of a religious fast before and the thing that saved me with the cravings was raisins. By the end of the days, sweets were no longer an issue. You only crave what you normally eat.
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    People have told me that the first few days will be the worst with cravings, etc....so I"m being STRONG and fighting through these first few days.....:)
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    What are some of your FAVORITE healthy meals??? I'm going to focus on finding NEW meals that I LOVE...instead of the fact that I CANT eat sweets...:)
  • melody6387
    melody6387 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm in.... :wink:
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    YAY melody387!!!! Lets do this girl!! :)
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am in. it is going to be hard but we can do this.
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    YES ladybugss...we CAN do this.....one day at a time...and before we know it, we will be at the end of the month!!!!
  • Taralynngranius
    Options
    I can do this.. but i have to admit.. i need to start on the 5th.. :(.. haha.. i don't think i can make this weekend no sweets.. sorry lol.. but i will go til aug 5th then.. and i will need to do the chocolate powder shake thing since i'm doing the cleanse next week.. ROCK on girlie :) YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I do the exact same thing. I do better telling myself "I don't eat_____" rather than "I'll just have a little ____". I just did a month with no processed sugar. The first 2 weeks were really rough but after that the cravings subsided and it was pretty easy. Right about then I thought I had a handle on it and I has a piece of home made coffee cake right before my boyfriend and I went away for the weekend. Here I am a week later eating sugar like there is no tomorrow. So, It's off sugar for me again. Really, once the rough part was over I felt SO MUCH BETTER! I say go for it!
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    thanks for all of the positive comments!!!! I am STILL excited about this (I know I know, its only been a few hours...bahaha)...

@Tara: FABULOUS girly..starting July 5th will work JUUUST fine. :) Since i'll be a few days ahead of you, I will help you get through your first day cravings..:)
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    I do the exact same thing. I do better telling myself "I don't eat_____" rather than "I'll just have a little ____". I just did a month with no processed sugar. The first 2 weeks were really rough but after that the cravings subsided and it was pretty easy. Right about then I thought I had a handle on it and I has a piece of home made coffee cake right before my boyfriend and I went away for the weekend. Here I am a week later eating sugar like there is no tomorrow. So, It's off sugar for me again. Really, once the rough part was over I felt SO MUCH BETTER! I say go for it!

Yay!!! Today is the start of a FABULOUS, HEALTHY, NO SWEETS month!! :)
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Blue Bell makes sugar free low fat ice cream...that's the route I go.

GOod luck!!!
  • mnsmith83
    mnsmith83 Posts: 128
    Options
    Check out the first 2 weeks of the south beach diet. It REALLY helps reduce cravings. I haven't had anything artificially sweetened in almost a month, and the great thing is I DON'T WANT IT! It's a tough couple weeks, but it works!
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    I was also a total junk-food addict & surprisingly enough, when I put my mind to it, I found it much easier than I had thought to give them up...I've had a cookie here & there, but I can honestly say for the last 3 weeks, I have not craved all of the junk that I used to eat. Good luck-you can do it!!!!