All Things In Moderation

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I love my breakfast right now. Minute oatmeal with a scoop of coconut milk powder and currants. Served with Greek yogurt and a tablespoon of sunflower seeds. All the macros with fiber besides.
  • beatonchat
    beatonchat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What is quark? Sounds good , especially if it has a high protein content.
    I made my overnight oatmeal for my breakfast and just did not want it this morning. It was not what my body wanted, so I had a square of the egg, quinoa breakfast recipe I posted previously and that hit the spot. It's like quiche with a quinoa crust and is so easy to make. I made it last Sunday and had it portioned out for 3 breakfasts this week and have 3 more saved in the freezer for next week. I love preparing ahead on the weekend so my week is that much easier and it really helps me stay on track.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    @beatonchat , quark is a soft unripened cheese. It can be got in a low fat/no fat version. It tastes like cottage cheese but it has no lumps. It can be used in place of sour cream. It is higher in protein where the fat would be.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I like omelettes. You can put a lot of nutrient packed things in there and have it be delicious.
  • beatonchat
    Options
    jgnatca that sounds wonderful! I am going to look for that. Do they sell it at most stores or is it a specialty or health food store find?

• beatonchat
    Options
    I've read a lot of people saying that they "save" calories up over the week for a night out or event they have coming up. Does that work? Can you not eat calories today so you can eat them tomorrow and not have it affect your progress?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    beatonchat wrote: »
    I've read a lot of people saying that they "save" calories up over the week for a night out or event they have coming up. Does that work? Can you not eat calories today so you can eat them tomorrow and not have it affect your progress?

Yes. I do this pretty much every week. Your body doesn't reset it's calorie counter at midnight every day. It is the long term trend over time so as long as you are in a deficit for the week, you should lose according to your goal...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I gotta be goofy...just gotta
    How we supposed to do "everything" in moderation? Shouldn't we do like 80%
    Just sayin::::

I don't follow. Can you please clarify?
  • jgnatca
    Options
    jgnatca that sounds wonderful! I am going to look for that. Do they sell it at most stores or is it a specialty or health food store find?

I'm in Canada in a major urban center and I find it in the deli section here. I have NOT found it in small town stores.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I gotta be goofy...just gotta
    How we supposed to do "everything" in moderation? Shouldn't we do like 80%
    Just sayin::::

I don't follow. Can you please clarify?

I get it! If one is totally committed to moderation above everything else, one is no longer a moderate! By definition.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Your body doesn't care what day it is. You could eat enough to gain half a pound of fat in one day... but if your deficit the rest of the week is enough to lose half a pound, you'll make it up for it.

The swings on the scale are wide though. And for me it involves going to bed hungry quite a bit (and my deficit is SMALL). But that's how I've maintained my weight.
  • beatonchat
    Options
    I used to be a baker and we would have cases of 1 pound butter blocks on hand. So as I'm losing weight I keep picturing my amount lost in terms of butter blocks and that makes it very real just how amazing a loss even "just" 8lbs is. Does anybody else do this?
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Re: the butter blocks - I do this. Sometimes, I will even stack a few pounds up in the grocery store and have a look. yes, I am sure other shoppers think I am deranged, but I tend to learn best when I can see something being done, so having the visual is helpful.

I would love to stand back and look at what 86 butter blocks looks like as that is what I am at now!
  • beatonchat
    edited June 2016
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    Re: the butter blocks - I do this. Sometimes, I will even stack a few pounds up in the grocery store and have a look. yes, I am sure other shoppers think I am deranged, but I tend to learn best when I can see something being done, so having the visual is helpful.

I would love to stand back and look at what 86 butter blocks looks like as that is what I am at now![/quote
  • beatonchat
    Options
    That is amazing! That would be a big stack, they do butter sculpters at some state fairs and I bet that would make a nice bust or farm animal! :smiley:
  • beatonchat
    Options
    What am I doing wrong with the quotes? How do I get the quote and my reply in the same post??
  • jgnatca
    Options
    I picked up a twenty pound sack of potatoes to demonstrate to my (then) school-age children what a twenty-pound loss looks like.

@beatonchat that talk of butter busts took me to a whole other place....
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    What am I doing wrong with the quotes? How do I get the quote and my reply in the same post??

You just hit the quote button at the bottom of the post and it pops into the reply window - then just scroll down and start entering your reply below it.