How can I increase my calorie intake?

Options
2»

Replies

• llwolford
    llwolford Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, avocado, nut butters (2 tsp) of natural pb is 63 calories, hummus, a good quality protein powder (added into oatmeal or shake), eggs, chicken or other lean meats (added to salad, etc.), rice, quinoa,
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat a lot more volume, just make your meals more calorie dense.
    Lots of good ideas above.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter....nuts.... anything calorie dense :smile: for me leftover calories = good quality chocolate :smiley:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    elncatalan wrote: »
    Drink your calories with healthy fruit and veggie smoothies

No
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    elncatalan wrote: »
    Drink your calories with healthy fruit and veggie smoothies

No-no. If someone is having problems increasing calories, this would be more of a challenge as that is low cal. High calorie is what is needed in the situation in most cases.
  • mythyssen
    mythyssen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    like someone already said .. healthy good fats (most nuts, avacado, evo) .. i would stay away from the ice cream and chocolate .. not healthy at all
  • sueelaineparker
    sueelaineparker Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Let's just remember that everything is fine in moderation, as part of a balanced diet. Have the chocolate and the ice cream, but make sure you're hitting your other food groups too and getting your fruits and veg in, your complex carbs etc
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    mythyssen wrote: »
    like someone already said .. healthy good fats (most nuts, avacado, evo) .. i would stay away from the ice cream and chocolate .. not healthy at all

There is nothing inherently unhealthy about ice cream or chocolate.
  • JuicerLab
    JuicerLab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Add some olive oil to your food, just add a drizzle over the top - its healthy but packs 1-2hundred calories in 2 tablespoons.

Nuts - walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts etc (btw, low salt/sugar peanut butter is ACTUALLY good for you - contrary to what dieters think. Its a good protein source too, its 98-99% peanuts!)

High protein shakes/energy shakes (that are low GI and low in sugar).

Avocado is a healthy fat, 1 large avocado can have around 300calories.

I like getting wholegrain bread, putting olive oil on it and some crushed garlic. Toasting it in the oven - its like a healthy version of garlic bread! That packs in the calories no doubt.

Eat what you usually eat, but just a little bit more (i.e if you have 2 pieces of toast, have 3) it will quickly add up the calories.