Munching on a packet of buscuits

Options
2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If cookies are biscuits, what do y'all call biscuits? Like biscuits and gravy etc.

The only biscuits we have here are what you guys call cookies.
    The biscuits you're talking about is an American thing, not really any such thing here in Australia.

Kdp2015 wrote: »
    Scones?

Scones are what you have with jam and cream, not gravy.

• magicmarigold
    magicmarigold Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well yes eat one or two and track them. And you'll be fine... However if you are like me then that is pretty much impossible. The binge eating monster inside me will have eaten have the packet in the blink of an eye. I freaking love biscuits, I love them that much, I can no longer buy them, if they are in the house I will demolish them.

So until you think you can manage to have one or two out of a pack, I would avoid completely. If they are not in the house, I can't eat them! Yes I know I have no biscuit willpower, I am strange...
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Binge eating requires a diagnosis and it is a very serious disorder. I have an eating disorder's expert in my family she works specifically with college aged women. It is a very complex disorder and it must be diagnosed. If you feel that you have an actual binge eating disorder I encourage you to seek a professional who is trained in this area. Often this disorder stems from a traumatic experience in your past as far back as early childhood. And women who have been sexually abused often struggle with this disorder. Over eating is one thing. An actual binge eating disorder is a very serious psychological event that needs to diagnosed and therapy with a qualified professional is warranted.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Kdp2015 wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Cookies/biscuits are totally fine! But take 2 out of the packet, put the packet away, and log those two.. then enjoy every bite.

Why not just one? Weigh food then log it. ;)

One, two, three... whatever. IIFYM.

You're missing the point.

No matter what amount you have, weigh it, don't just take out of package, put away, and eat them. Make sure that it fits into your macros.

I get the point but it's kind of along the lines of 'just eat less' not all that helpful sorry.

There is nothing to be sorry about. :) This was a response to someone else in the conversation.

However.....really? Promoting eating less of what you love is not helpful? That's what weight management is all about.

When you are in control of your portions, then you know how much you are eating and are able to eat snacks that fit into your calories. :)
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Cookies/biscuits are totally fine! But take 2 out of the packet, put the packet away, and log those two.. then enjoy every bite.

Nope, bikkies need to be eaten in twos. That's a rule. Well in my books anyways.
    Same for clementines, always eat two.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Nope, bikkies need to be eaten in twos. That's a rule. Well in my books anyways.
    Same for clementines, always eat two.

LOVE it!
  • witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I couldn't so the binge eating recovery along with all my other mental disorders, trying to lose weifht, life stress, and physical illnesses. I take a medication called vyvanse. Only fda approved to treat disorder. Works perfect. I can say no I don't want more. So amazing.