At Home Workout

What are some good at home workout routines that I could start making myself do? I just recently had to cancel my gym membership, but I figure that I can get just as good of a workout in at home if I can find a good routine! Mostly would like to focus on fat burn and toning.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    You Are Your Own Gym is a bodyweight program so those can be done at home.

• stuj79
    stuj79 Posts: 24 Member
    Try Insanity workout DVD...
  • ValkyrieLula
    ValkyrieLula Posts: 28 Member
    stuj79 wrote: »
    Try Insanity workout DVD...

This. I've modified it to fit with other activities, but it's a great workout that I actually look forward to.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Kettlebell workouts and running outside. Bodyweight exercises are great to do and you can vary some of those to make them harder or target different muscles.
  • druasmith
    druasmith Posts: 20 Member
    I like the seven minute workout.
    http://lifehacker.com/this-7-minute-research-based-workout-exercises-your-wh-498676327
    It covers the bases.

For something lower-key on rest days this is an android app that walks you thru the steps to a basic yogic sun salutation:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jagerDevelop.Yoga

I also have a step bench collecting dust because it's boring and I just old fashioned go out for walks and jogs.
  • ericar21
    ericar21 Posts: 71 Member
    t25, insanity, and insanity max 30. insanity max 30 is my favorite. i lost the last 8 pounds that i couldn't lose before and i gained muscle. great workout i would recommend it any day
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Fitnessblender.com definitely.
  • Christina2o
    Christina2o Posts: 6 Member
    Jogging in place while watching tv :D Also dancing, I turn on a music video and don't stop moving until the song ends.
  • m2marks
    m2marks Posts: 1 Member
    Insanity max 30 by beach body is amazing! I started it last week but just prepare yourself to want to quit but just get through it and you'll love the feeling after!
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Another vote for Insanity Max 30. Repetitive but tons of fun.

For strength stuff you could try youtube- Les Mills Body Pump Extreme is fabulous.
  • rempejeff
    rempejeff Posts: 46 Member
  • rempejeff
    rempejeff Posts: 46 Member
    These will work for get you a flat stomach. Hopefully this helps.
  • Coldbolt
    Coldbolt Posts: 3 Member
    jerrduhn wrote: »
    What are some good at home workout routines that I could start making myself do? I just recently had to cancel my gym membership, but I figure that I can get just as good of a workout in at home if I can find a good routine! Mostly would like to focus on fat burn and toning.

Hi, DAREBEE is a site which is primarily based upon body weight workouts. Find a workout that you like and you'll probably find a lot of workouts that you like. Goodluck!
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    I got the Bowflex adjustable dumbbells and a fold up bench. They're kind of expensive but my house is small and I don't have room for a full setup. Also my treadmill folds up too and I got that on Craigslist. I have P90x and it's hard as crap but I just really really hate workout videos.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    You Are Your Own Gym is a bodyweight program so those can be done at home.

This is what I've done. You really don't need any equipment to do YAYOG. I do have a pull-up bar in my basement, so that's the most I've had to "invest", and I already had that before I started doing the program.

I use the one by Mark Lauren on my iPad, I think it set me back a few dollars, but well worth it. There are 4 levels that are like 10-12 weeks each, so you can use it for a while without having to repeat it. Or you can be like me, I do repeat the intermediate one!

Good luck!
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    This is a really good free option, and there's free apps for iOS and Android too: https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

I actually just started a bastardized version of several at-home routines:
    Warmups=Goblet Squats/Bridges/Haloes circuit (warmups from the kettlebell program in "Simple and Sinister")
    Core Work=Reddit routine; planks, side planks, back planks, arch hold, hollow hold, wall plank, parallel supports
    Bodyweight work=Convict conditioning (doing the 6-day plan, so one of his "big six" workouts per day)
    Kettlebell work=100 kb swings and 5 turkish getups (Simple and Sinister program).

The whole thing takes about 45 minutes, and actually has a nice flow to it. I try to do it 5-6 days per week.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Nike Training app. It's great. they have 15, 30 and 45 min workouts for different levels and goals.
  • kush_xo
    kush_xo Posts: 5 Member
    Skipping rope. If you skip rope fast you can lose about 15 cals, per minute. Around 400 every half hour