Eating late

2»

Replies

• tanyabnrd795
    tanyabnrd795 Posts: 25 Member
    What do you typically eat before bed?
  • tanyabnrd795
    tanyabnrd795 Posts: 25 Member
    I am weighing food and logging food intake.
    This past weekend didn't seem like I ate a lot. ..but I did.
    But I LOST 1LB. I know that doesn't seem like a lot. For me IT IT'S PROGRESS!
    YOUR TIPS WORKED. ..THANKS :)
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    I eat anywhere from a 600 to 1,000 calorie dinner and am in bed less than an hour later, every night. I've lost almost 75 pounds doing this every day. I've never worried about eating before bed. It's just my preference
  • Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    There is some research about fasting and how it has helped some with weight loss. Fasting as in eating for a small window during the day and fasting for the rest of the day. Obviously going to bed with a tummy full of anything is bad for digestion because of how your body acts during sleep. But going to bed with a stomach full of sugar or grains will spike your blood sugar and your body will just store that as fat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Kobz27 wrote: »
    There is some research about fasting and how it has helped some with weight loss. Fasting as in eating for a small window during the day and fasting for the rest of the day. Obviously going to bed with a tummy full of anything is bad for digestion because of how your body acts during sleep. But going to bed with a stomach full of sugar or grains will spike your blood sugar and your body will just store that as fat.

Your body only stores sugar as fat once glycogen stores are full and if you are in a deficit, there won't be a net storage surplus; and to be semantically correct, carbs are less likely to be stored as fat, then dietary fat... your body just doesn't have to do as much. Fasting can be beneficial to some as it makes it harder to eat a ton of calories since you have smaller window.

Anecdotally, I didn't do very well with 16:8. My body never adapted and my hunger pains just never went away.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    I am weighing food and logging food intake.
    This past weekend didn't seem like I ate a lot. ..but I did.
    But I LOST 1LB. I know that doesn't seem like a lot. For me IT IT'S PROGRESS!
    YOUR TIPS WORKED. ..THANKS :)

So much win here! Congrats! :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,722 Member
    Kobz27 wrote: »

The only way it'll be stored as fat is if you eat over maintenance.