No weight Movement

Options
Hello Everyone!
So I have been working out, cardio, lifting for about a month. Yes short time frame I KNOW - But I haven't seen any weight loss or flux at all.
Feel free to look at my dairy (I messed up last weekend for tracking) But I only ate once a day during the weekend as it was to hot. I missed two days at the gym (one day was lifting and the other was cardio)
I'm getting extremely frustrated with my body. I feel I am starting to look better. But there is no weight change or inch change!
I don't know what I should change in diet, workout, or what?! My goal is to lose 1-2 pounds a week and well, it ain't happening.
:'(
Devastation is starting to set in...

Note: I am not taking any powders or what not - I am taking probiotics because my tummy is a beep.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open.
  • SamanthaIrving1990
    SamanthaIrving1990 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open.

it is now !
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to view your log, but are you getting enough protein? Are you using a scale?
  • SamanthaIrving1990
    Options
    jrulo16 wrote: »
    I can't figure out how to view your log, but are you getting enough protein? Are you using a scale?

Yes I am and I dont know - I am loking up IdealFit right now to see if Maybe I should buy their protein powder...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well based on your entries it doesn't look like you are using a food scale.

some of your entries are suspect...ie Homemade X...unless you made it...not a good entry could be wrong based on what you ate.

there are days not logged

you need to log accurately and consistently to lose weight and you aren't.

Tighten up logging.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You're eating more than you think. If you don't have a food scale, purchase one and use it to weigh all of your foods. Make sure you log EVERYTHING that enters your mouth (you have a hamburger logged, but no bun/condiments/cooking oils if you used them). If you're making something such as potato salad, it's best to enter everything into MFP's recipe builder rather than choose a homemade entry out of the database, as you don't know if the person who made that used the same ingredients/amounts.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Are you weighing some food and not others? I see a mixture of gram measurements and measuring cups. I would start using the scale for all solid foods. I see some days that are unlogged and I see a fair number of "homemade" or "generic" database entries, as well as meals that look like a mixture of foods prepared by different restaurants. I'm guessing that these represent meals where you were doing your best to approximate what you ate, but it makes it impossible to know how much you actually ate, especially since some of it is logged in grams and I'm guessing you didn't take your scale with you to weigh part of the meal (apologies if you did).

The issue is probably your logging.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You're eating more than you think. If you don't have a food scale, purchase one and use it to weigh all of your foods. Make sure you log EVERYTHING that enters your mouth (you have a hamburger logged, but no bun/condiments/cooking oils if you used them). If you're making something such as potato salad, it's best to enter everything into MFP's recipe builder rather than choose a homemade entry out of the database, as you don't know if the person who made that used the same ingredients/amounts.

This. You would not believe how bad most people (me included) are at eyeballing portions. Or how inaccurate measuring cups can be.
  • SamanthaIrving1990
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »

This. You would not believe how bad most people (me included) are at eyeballing portions. Or how inaccurate measuring cups can be.

I do have a food scale - which I (to be honest) havent used at all. Generally I always go by cups - or OZ - I am not much of into grams and unless I scan a barcode (which is awesome might I add) for something that is the whole damn thing then well your right I guess at what it would be.
    So tighten up my food
    Can do.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »

I do have a food scale - which I (to be honest) havent used at all. Generally I always go by cups - or OZ - I am not much of into grams and unless I scan a barcode (which is awesome might I add) for something that is the whole damn thing then well your right I guess at what it would be.
    So tighten up my food
    Can do.

Even when you're eating the whole thing, the weight listed on the package may vary from what is actually in the package. So for accuracy, you'll want to weigh those as well. Since you haven't been using the food scale at all, I'm going to guess the foods (like shrimp and mango) that you listed in grams may be way off from what you actually ate. Many people find when they begin using a scale, they see the results they expect. Good luck!
  • dbashby
    dbashby Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There is an article here that addresses your situation but through the "starvation mode" that you hear people referencing (although thankfully not here). The guy is a little hard about the advice he gives but I have not found him not to be wrong on anything he states. http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options

This.
    Weigh everything. I lost 40lbs using MFP (1500cals/day) and a food scale.
  • SamanthaIrving1990
    Options
    pzarnosky wrote: »

This.
    Weigh everything. I lost 40lbs using MFP (1500cals/day) and a food scale.

MFP?
  • SamanthaIrving1990
    Options
    dbashby wrote: »
    There is an article here that addresses your situation but through the "starvation mode" that you hear people referencing (although thankfully not here). The guy is a little hard about the advice he gives but I have not found him not to be wrong on anything he states. http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

I dont know if I am in starvation mode - I eat - and if I work out and Im still hungry I eat. Im not willing to starve myself in any way - I want to get stronger leans and toned.
    Just worried about the no weight loss
  • cwang125
    cwang125 Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MFP = myfitnesspal

Being dialed in on your tracking is more important than exercise. You can easily eat back or over eat any calories burned through exercise.

The rule of thumb is 3500 kcals = 1lb of fat. To achieve this you need to be at a daily deficit of 500 per day. Whether you achieve this by eating 500 less or a combination of eating less and exercising more. If you maintain this over period of a month you should lose ~4lbs. If not, you're underestimating how much you're eating.
  • seekingdaintiness
    seekingdaintiness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Eat less.