July weight loss challenge

Options
What's your weight loss goal for this month and why? Also, what are you going to do to reach your goal?

My goal is to loose 4 pounds this month. My 32nd birthday is on August 2nd and I want to be able to say I lost 20 pounds. It's a bit easier said than done because I've been hovering around 16-18 pounds lost for a couple of weeks. I'm going to be more honest with my food diary and diligent about accurate measuring. I'll also push myself as hard as possible during my Turbo Fire workouts.

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 8 lbs this month. My hubby and I are in a wedding on August 5 and we are the oldest couple in the wedding party!!!!! I want to look good!!!!!!!!!!!! I need everything to get me to my goal!
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I would love to be 5 pounds down by August 1st.... I'm in!!! My challenges are my hormones but I can't give up.

Congrats on your loss this far!!
  • skinz2k2
    skinz2k2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. My goal is to lose 10 lbs. this month. Let's do it. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I'm just starting to lose the 20lbs I gained back the last few months! ugh! Hopefully, I can go further this time. For now, I'll start with 4 :smile:
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    My goal is to loose 8lbs this month! Then I can officially say I have lost 20lbs by my 30th birthday! And if I do this, I will be 5lbs away from my pre babies weight!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    There is a 5 pounds a month weight loss July challenge I joined. It seems like a realitively healthy and doable goal as is 4 pounds which I would be happy with most months. I have slowed down my loss so much for too long that I would like to lose a bit more soon. I have been exercising about an hour a day and staying on a calorie goal that is just over a pound a month since I do not seem to lose when it is set at 1 pound a month. I also want to cook healthy meals at home this summer. My daughter has been out of school this week and I have been spending time getting her ready for a summer internship. I think I will be relieved once she starts next week so I can focus on losing more. My exercise consists of Aquafit on Monday and Saturday, Zumba on Friday mornings and a combination of C25K and walking around a 2.8 mile lake on Tuesday Thursdays. Wednesday and Sundays are less programed but I try to get a walk around the lake in on Sunday without the C25K since I walk with my husband. I really want to find a weight loss groove and be more consistent at it again. I always log everyday and almost always stay under too. However when I get busy my exercise slows down and we don't always eat the best foods for weight loss. So now is my chance to focus on this.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I know we can do it! Post your weekly weight loss here so we can help keep each other accountable;e and motivated!
  • Piddy47
    Piddy47 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My 32nd bday will be July 31st, and I' ve maintained my weight loss pretty easy so far because I'm so active with workouts and sports, but I will admit, my diet has been bad on the weekends lately so my week day effort and losses are gained back with my weekend festivities. It always ends up being a wash because my baseline weight always goes back to 138 after a day or two of fluctuation in either direction, so I know my weightloss thus far has been a solid loss.

I want my new baseline to be 135, so that way I may fluctuate a couple pounds below or above, but ultimately I would want 135 to be what I consistently weigh in at by my bday.

So now I have one last chance to be in the best shape of my life as an adult by my 32nd birthday and I chose a difficult goal for me of 5 more pounds by the end of this month.

I'm holding on to my 1st pound lost of the 5 with a smile and know that I have to carry that loss throughout the weekend, so Monday I can begin the fight for pound #2.

I will be stoked if I can make this goal...July will be the "Do or Die" month! Good luck to all of us!
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You know i'm in!! My goal is 115 by august 18th-which is my 30th birthday. I have been fluctuating between 2 1/2 - 4 pounds left to loose.

So my goals are to push hard at my Turbofire workouts and still do my strength training-CEX, eat clean by following "The Eat Clean Diet" book as close as possible (which is really hard for me on the weekends), and really watch extra sugar intake.

This is gonna be a tough plateau for me to break but I CAN DO IT!!! And YOU ALL CAN DO IT TOO!!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I will say 6 pounds in July. That would make 80 lost by my 48th Birthday on Aug. 1st. 8 (prior to MFP) + 66 (MFP) = 74 + 6 = 80. I maintained for the month of June (on purpose) so my body should be ready to dump some more blubber.

Good losing everyone!
  • melzteach
    Options
    Piddy47, you sure aid it!

July will be the "Do or Die" month!
  • melzteach
    Options
    Okay girls, make today count. Long in those calories and get in a killer workout!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month is to do somekind of exercise every day like I use to last year. I went downhill last July because of health complications and now everything is back to normal.

If I go on my treadmill or go for a walk everyday on top of doing some leg, back and shoulder work on different days, I should loose some weight but I am not setting a goal. Every pound lost will be a nice bonus!! :happy:
  • jamielynn1981
    Options
    Turbofire HIIT workout - check
    :wink:
  • melzteach
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm doing Turbo Fire Core 20 and Stretch 40. I think it's one of my favorites. Especially the last few minutes of Stretch 40...laying down, really letting myself unwind...it's the best!
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have just joined myfitnesspal today. My goal is to lose 6lbs this month and to not let uni workd get in the way of my exercise and to stop stress eating
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    So far, I have exercised everyday in July and I am going sailing on a raceing sailboat today.

I started the month at 159lbs.
  • jamielynn1981
    Options
    yucky day for me today :cry:
    didn't get my workout in and made some bad food decisions............ I'll be back tomorrow
  • melzteach
    Options
    Happy 4th of July! Some things to remmeber for today:
    1. Get in a workout today. Then you'll be able enjoy all of youre Independence day treats.
    2. Don't worry about overeating, just make good choices, small portions and drink plenty of water.
    3. Be honest with yourself in what you eat and log everything you eat today.

Have fun and check in tomorrow and tell us how your day went!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Good morning! I finished yesterday with a 30 minutes arm workout and started today with the Classical Stretch DVD. I did not complete it in order not to be in pain tomorrow. I must have done some 20 minutes out of the 30 minutes. This morning, I woke up with some pain in my finger, I had bruised it last March and it is still sensitive, so I will not go on my IT like I had planned to. I may go for a walk outside when the sun will be down, I'll see about that when the time comes.

So far, I have exercised 5 days out of the 5 days in the month of July!!

Have a nice day and take care.

5/31