What are your thoughts on what I ate today?

Options
13»

Replies

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    NorthRiver wrote: »
    Dinner: Spicy garlic kale, spinach artichoke casserole (sauce is silken tofu, spinach, and artichokes, mixed with cooked macaroni, and then baked).

What vegan macaroni are you using? I've found that a lot of vegans or non-egg-eating vegetarians didn't know most pasta contains eggs. But I don't know any brands or products to recommend to them ...

Generally only fresh pasta contains eggs.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Dinner: Spicy garlic kale, spinach artichoke casserole (sauce is silken tofu, spinach, and artichokes, mixed with cooked macaroni, and then baked).

What vegan macaroni are you using? I've found that a lot of vegans or non-egg-eating vegetarians didn't know most pasta contains eggs. But I don't know any brands or products to recommend to them ...

I find that most packaged, dried pasta in the US does not contain eggs. As @MakePeasNotWar stated, it's usually the fresh pasta made on site in places that I have to watch out for.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I'm in the US where the majority of dried pasta is egg-free (the only exceptions I've seen are products specifically marked "egg noodles" and a couple brands of lasagna noodles). The specific brand I had the other night was Target's house brand, Market Pantry.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I personally would never eat 3 bananas per day or that much fruit "sugar" although fruit has fiber I still think its too much fruit. You need protein.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    I personally would never eat 3 bananas per day or that much fruit "sugar" although fruit has fiber I still think its too much fruit. You need protein.

OP clarified in later posts that it wasn't three bananas. She didn't have a full banana for each time banana is listed, but a part of one.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    OP- If you're still reading this post...

Please go to the following-
    https://cronometer.com/

Enter in your food there. Look at your micro nutrients, your essential fats (specifically omega 3), your amino acid profile, and make sure that you're getting a nutritionally complete diet. It goes without saying that you need to be supplementing b12 if you aren't already.

It's important with any diet but ESPECIALLY vegan for you to be getting a nutritionally complete diet. If you start having deficiencies, start feeling like crap, have hormonal problems, etc. you won't be sticking to a vegan diet for very long even if you chose a vegan diet for ethical reasons.

I personally found I had to eat some strange things here and there (like add nutritional yeast one day, add a brazil nut here and there, etc.) to make sure I was eating a nutritionally complete diet. DO NOT believe any vegans (specifically i'm talking about idiots on youtube) that you can just eat a variety of fruits and veggies and never have to worry about nutrition; this is 100% untrue.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    OP- If you're still reading this post...

Please go to the following-
    https://cronometer.com/

Enter in your food there. Look at your micro nutrients, your essential fats (specifically omega 3), your amino acid profile, and make sure that you're getting a nutritionally complete diet. It goes without saying that you need to be supplementing b12 if you aren't already.

It's important with any diet but ESPECIALLY vegan for you to be getting a nutritionally complete diet. If you start having deficiencies, start feeling like crap, have hormonal problems, etc. you won't be sticking to a vegan diet for very long even if you chose a vegan diet for ethical reasons.

I personally found I had to eat some strange things here and there (like add nutritional yeast one day, add a brazil nut here and there, etc.) to make sure I was eating a nutritionally complete diet. DO NOT believe any vegans (specifically i'm talking about idiots on youtube) that you can just eat a variety of fruits and veggies and never have to worry about nutrition; this is 100% untrue.

I have found Cronometer *amazingly* helpful in understanding my diet. The breakdown of fats, amino acids, and various vitamins/minerals is great and I love that it shows you which foods are helping you meet your needs. It makes it super easy to tweak your diet if you need more or less of something.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    LaDiiHeArT wrote: »
    You guys, I've gone Vegan!!! Oh man, last night prepped my meals for the next two days and boy... they're all healthy. So here's what I've had so far,

7 a.m. Green Juice
    (Coconut Milk, Spinach, Celery, Cucumber, Green apple, banana)

10 a.m Overnight Oatmeal
    (Coconut Milk, Oats, Strawberries, Banana)

1 p.m. Quinoa Chickpea Mix (Not sure what to call it lol)
    (Quinoa made with Spinach, mixed with Chickpea, onion, garlic, avocado)

4 p.m. Fruit bowl
    (1 Mango sliced, banana sliced, sliced melon, sliced strawberries, sprinkled with cinnamon)

What do you guys think? Is this a good day's worth of meals so far? Vegan approved? I haven't calorie counted any of theses meals, do you guys think I'm on track? No meat or dairy at all today. Just lost of water! I was thinking to eat a bowl of Quinoa, spinach salad, and roasted sweet potato fries. Should I swap that for just a raw Salad? Thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Did all of that help meet your goals?

Do you feel physically good eating that?

Did you enjoy it all?

If the answer is yes to all three, you're good.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    LaDiiHeArT wrote: »
    You guys, I've gone Vegan!!! Oh man, last night prepped my meals for the next two days and boy... they're all healthy. So here's what I've had so far,

7 a.m. Green Juice
    (Coconut Milk, Spinach, Celery, Cucumber, Green apple, banana)

10 a.m Overnight Oatmeal
    (Coconut Milk, Oats, Strawberries, Banana)

1 p.m. Quinoa Chickpea Mix (Not sure what to call it lol)
    (Quinoa made with Spinach, mixed with Chickpea, onion, garlic, avocado)

4 p.m. Fruit bowl
    (1 Mango sliced, banana sliced, sliced melon, sliced strawberries, sprinkled with cinnamon)

What do you guys think? Is this a good day's worth of meals so far? Vegan approved? I haven't calorie counted any of theses meals, do you guys think I'm on track? No meat or dairy at all today. Just lost of water! I was thinking to eat a bowl of Quinoa, spinach salad, and roasted sweet potato fries. Should I swap that for just a raw Salad? Thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Doesn't look like very much food. I'd add a salad, not swap out the fruit for a salad. And make it an awesome salad.