Options
124»

Replies

• jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

mamadon wrote: »
    My go to ice cream is this: I take two skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream bars off the stick just slightly melted. I add a serving of crumbled up teddy grahms. Around 300 calories. Yummy!

Sounds wonderful but that's a lot of calories for most of us:blush:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I like low fat ice cream
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    There are no alternatives unless you're lactose intolerant. My kryptonite of choice is Ben & Jerry's. Thankfully, its expensive so I don't eat it often, but when it is on sale, I will treat myself to a pint. I eat it in one sitting and I'm good until next time. If you can't contain yourself, get the single serve containers. They are smaller and you still get your ice cream fix.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    stevidaft wrote: »
    Hello! Im doing pretty great eating clean EXCEPT ICE CREAM is my kryptonite! I reach for the pint a couple times a week and its undoing my progress. Any alts for ice cream you guys have? I've been trying frozen banana recipes, but haven't quite come across something that gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling I get from ice cream. Ha!

how is ice cream not clean?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    talenti black berry raspberry chocolate chip is as clean as a new born's bottom..
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of fudgesicles. Automatic serving size, and they're not very many calories.
  • advonadiathomas
    advonadiathomas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to echo the HaloTop-lovers! It is seriously so delicious that when I tried it, I thought they were lying about the nutrition facts! Not only does the flavor and texture blow every other "healthy ice cream alternative" out of the water, you can not beat the nutrition: http://www.halotop.com/flavors/ We've tried several of the flavors and they are all absolutely decadent. Also, even if I over-indulge on a pint of Halo Top, I don't have that sick "wow, i just destroyed my body" feeling that inevitably follows my over indulgence on normal ice cream :) Enjoy!
  • elisabauer
    elisabauer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Halo top! Their birthday cake flavor is heavenly!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Ok, just tried Halo Top (only had the vanilla bean so far). I agree, it's pretty decent and hits the ice cream check box. It's not the most amazing thing ever, but with a serving being 60 calories, it was pretty darn delicious!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I buy single ice creams never a container. I buy either the mini drumsticks at 110 calories a piece or any of the skinny cow bars. And if i want one i find a way to fit it in my diary. I fit one intoday and was still under my 1260 goal
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Ice cream sandwiches help me with portion control. I feel like I'm getting more eating a whole sandwich than I would if I scooped a similar calorie amount of ice cream into a bowl. It looks sad and lonely and needs another serving.
  • fit4itall
    fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ltssharon wrote: »
    stevidaft wrote: »
    Hello! Im doing pretty great eating clean EXCEPT ICE CREAM is my kryptonite! I reach for the pint a couple times a week and its undoing my progress. Any alts for ice cream you guys have? I've been trying frozen banana recipes, but haven't quite come across something that gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling I get from ice cream. Ha!

You have the right person here to answer that question. First, freeze an ice cube tray full of skim milk. Now put 4 tablespoons of Hershey's cocoa (not the beverage kind, the old fashioned non sweet kind) in a food processor. Sprinkle with stevia or some artificial sweetener. Add 2 tablespoons of milk or leftover coffee. Put the frozen ice milk cubes in. PROCESS! I swear to anybody it is better than ice cream. Make more or less chocolate , experiment with flavors if you wish. I stick with chocolate. I used to put half a FROZEN banana in it and some instant coffee. Then I dropped the frozen banana to save calories. Please Please try it.

Thanks from another ice cream junkie! Question: by "old fashioned non sweet kind" are you talking about the powder vs syrup? What is it labeled as?