Goal weight

Options
Hi, I've currently lost 34 pounds, i still would like to lose 20 more... I can't decrease my calories anymore nor exercise anymore unless I start doing 2 a days, and I think I'll collapse. I'm mostly a runner, dancer and do light weight lifting... 3 months post umbilical hernia surgery. Any suggestions are much appreciated to keep this weight loss moving. Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How long have you stalled for?
  • Jjdog1
    Jjdog1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... a lil over a week...my weight was flying off, now that I approach closer to my goal weight it just isn't moving... I know a week doesn't warrant a panic, i just am trying avoid a longer stall... I go away next Friday, on a deadline LOL
  • Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I recently read an article about body set points. Basically what the article said was that you'll hit plateaus and it will take 4-6 weeks for your body to recognize the new weight as your set point. Then you'll be able to go down again. It was a runtastic article.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Jjdog1 wrote: »
    Hmmm.... a lil over a week...my weight was flying off, now that I approach closer to my goal weight it just isn't moving... I know a week doesn't warrant a panic, i just am trying avoid a longer stall... I go away next Friday, on a deadline LOL

weight can stall for weeks, and sometimes months, before dropping. weight loss isn't linear and there's isn't really anything you can do except to just keep going.