Scale mini-victory this morning!

Options
So, time to brag on myself a little bit. Backstory: I used MFP a couple of years ago to drop 60 pounds and really get into a groove of heavy lifting. A move, a marriage, and a new job later.. here I am back at it and ready to be healthy again with some lessons learned from last time. (Side note: I also quit smoking a few months ago so that's been awesome and I'm excited to see how my health improves coupling that with my healthier eating and activity habits)

I started tracking again May 24th and started lifting again last week. I'm really trying to focus on listening to my body this time around to avoid burnout.

I lifted legs yesterday morning and when I got home from work, I slept for an hour and a half. That's really unusual for me but I think my body was just tired (being on my period, waking up early to workout, calorie deficit, etc). I made an executive decision to eat at maintenance yesterday. I made sure to get plenty of protein early in the day, so after my nap, I had a few drinks and some chips with queso. I went to bed and slept for about 7 hours. This morning I woke up and I'd lost 1.2 pounds, which puts my overall loss at over 10 pounds so far.

I am SO pleased, because since I started lifting, my body had been holding on to about 4 pounds of water weight, so the fact that I was able to have a whoosh WHILE on my period and the day after leg day AND after eating at maintenance.. I think I'm finally figuring my body out and I just wanted to share my little victory with you all!

Peace and blessings, you all ROCK.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Great job listening to your body. I recently made the decision to eat at maintenance for a day or two during my period and it makes a huge difference in my energy level and ability to keep up with life in general. Welcome back!
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love those unexpected weight losses !! Congratulations on your 10 pound weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!