July Calorie Burn Challenge

Options

Replies

• LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    Ok sorry folks...no more participants. We have over 50 people and I have to do all the adding up for everyone each week...so I have stop here!

Sorry!

I will be doing another one in August...so be on the lookout! =)
  • Jbugfit2011
    Jbugfit2011 Posts: 105
    Options
    Cant wait for this to start.. Very excited :happy:
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Okay guys Day 1! Let's get this party started! Just think how much fitter we'll all be come July 31st. Good luck everyone!
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    What a great first day. I hope everyone is well on their way to meeting their goal.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I think I need to update regularly or will be falling behind on my calorie burn. As I am creeping closer to my weight goal, I am finding it harder to get really good burns now. Did a 1 hour 45 min hard bike ride in 90 degrees yesterday and my hrm said I only burned 326 calories. Glad to see my fitness level is improved but, dang! That's hard work! LOL!

01/07 - 252
    02/07 - 426

Total burned - 678/10,000
    Total left to burn - 9322

Good luck everyone!
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge too~ My goal is going to be 15000 calories. Great challenge! I've burned 1012/15000 so far.
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think I need to update regularly or will be falling behind on my calorie burn. As I am creeping closer to my weight goal, I am finding it harder to get really good burns now. Did a 1 hour 45 min hard bike ride in 90 degrees yesterday and my hrm said I only burned 326 calories. Glad to see my fitness level is improved but, dang! That's hard work! LOL

Wow! I can't even imagine moving in 90 degree weather let alone bike hard in it. It seems like you should get exta points for that!:drinker:
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    please count me in on this I will aim for 10,000 or more if possable and this will give us all a goal to aim for
    steve
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED
    PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST TO BE ADDED.

THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

v
    THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

v
    THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED

Thank you.
  • toadiejones
    Options
    QUOTE:

I think I need to update regularly or will be falling behind on my calorie burn. As I am creeping closer to my weight goal, I am finding it harder to get really good burns now. Did a 1 hour 45 min hard bike ride in 90 degrees yesterday and my hrm said I only burned 326 calories. Glad to see my fitness level is improved but, dang! That's hard work! LOL

Wow! I can't even imagine moving in 90 degree weather let alone bike hard in it. It seems like you should get exta points for that!

Thanks! It was on a shady path but whenever we hit an open part, wow, it was warm. And I'm Canadian. LOL! We don't handle that kind of heat well! As for tracking my calories (without having a multiple tickers) I realized I should just use my signature and update daily. Think I may have taken on too many challenges this summer as I am having trouble remembering them all! But hoping it pays off in the end! Happy 4th everyone!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Hi all, are we updating our calories on the thread or by PM?

• toadiejones
    Options
    Yikes! I just realized that to meet my goal by month end, I have to burn over 2700 calories per week over the next 3 weeks! And the last 4 days I am on vacation. I need to get my tush going!

Lanfear, I updated using the form mzmonica sent us.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Hi all, are we updating our calories on the thread or by PM?

I used the form that mzmonica sent through email :smile:
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I just submitted mine through the form that was sent to me. I have a long way to go to meet my goal!!:noway:
  • Jbugfit2011
    Jbugfit2011 Posts: 105
    Options
    CHECK IN 7/8/11

TOTAL CALORIES BURNED= 2,041

CALORIES REMAINING=7,971
  • Crash789
    Crash789 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All right.... I submitted my calories for the week, but I'm going to have to get really motivated to hit my goal... Was sick and missed working out for a couple days earlier this week and hadn't taken into account the holiday weekend as well, which always cuts into work out time.

Okay, okay, enough excuses.

MzMonica - thanks for organizing this. Can we use this thread as a place to post and encourage each other? I don't want people to continue trying to join the group - can you edit the title of the thread to indicate that the challenge is closed to new members? Or is there another better place that we can chat with each other?

What was everyone's best workout this week? Did anyone try anything new? I did my first PiYo class, which I really enjoyed. Just wish that I got a better calorie burn out of it!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    There was a form??? Oops, I must have missed that!! I will email for it :smile:

Thanks peeps.
  • toadiejones
    Options
    I totally forgot about this...sorry mzmonica. Put in today if its not too late.
  • toadiejones
    Options
    This thread is kind of slow, eh? We're down to 2 weeks left! We can do it! What are you all doing to get in your burn?

I am very slow burning calories (as per my hrm) so I'm gonna be on here pushing myself on here to keep going. I'm doing the 30 day shred and only burn an average of 100 calories per workout. Did 45 mins on the elliptical last night and only burned 255 calories. I'm dripping with sweat and exhausted but apparently I'm healthier than I think I am. I guess thats a good thing? Anyway, here's my progress this week:

Monday - 353
    Tuesday (so far) - 124
    Week 3 total = 477

I'm going to try to log in every day to stay motivated. Anyone want to join me? Going to keep the shred going, do some elliptical (as my knees are still on the mend from running), slip in some Zumba and do some walking with the kids to log in miles.

Good luck this week everyone! You can do it!
  • toadiejones
    Options
    Monday - 353
    Tuesday - 379
    Wed (so far) - 113
    Week 3 total = 845

Week 1 - 2151
    Week 2 - 1214
    Total - 3365
    Burned to date: 4210
    Left to burn: 5790

I noticed that my week 1 burn looked really high on the chart so I went back and added up. Yep. Turns out I only have 2151 for that first week. I had sent my numbers twice that week and I think the 2 numbers got added together. So I'm REALLY behind! I gotta get movin!!!!