Candida diet

Options
jordiblu
jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
Anyone else on candida diet/ lifestyle ?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your diary. I'm not help, but I got a lot of good ideas for myself.
    The magnesium, consider taking it at night. It makes me sleepy.
  • jordiblu
    Options
    I was diagnosed after months of suffering and invasive testing
    I'm 6 weeks in and feeling awesome! Just had first vodka in 6 weeks but other than that I'm sugar and carb free (for now) it's a long slow recovery but worth it
  • BlondeTheHardWay
    BlondeTheHardWay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I find that most people on the internet self-diagnose their candida. This is something that should be tested for on the referral from a doctor, IMO. Doesn't make sense to take on an extreme diet if you haven't been diagnosed with it.

Have you been diagnosed with candida?

I agree. You must be first diagnosed my a doctor who can test and understands what it is.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    What helped me was homemade kefir and kimchi. I also took high doses of zinc for 2 weeks and lots of vitamin c.
  • jordiblu
    Options
    I take my own Probiotic multivitamin (its my business) and now Im almost 3 months into candida diet (the only add in was I now include vodka on weekends here and there. I still dont eat fruit and I miss my wine but i lvoe this lifestyle and dont intend to go back! (that means no more coffee for life!)
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I take candida support and caprylic acid and keep alcohol consumption down to avoid yeast infection. I am telling you that these work better than that crap from the doctor
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I know a girl named Candida. True story.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

what thoughtful parents she has :open_mouth:
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with an overgrowth years ago but couldn't bring myself to make such a huge lifestyle switch. My symptoms have gotten worse so I've been transitioning for about 10 days now. I already see the difference in my skin and bloating is waaay down. It's encouraging me to go deeper.
  • brichards_
    brichards_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've heard you can cure candida with veganism, hclf
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • Tretop76
    Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your diary. I'm not help, but I got a lot of good ideas for myself.
    The magnesium, consider taking it at night. It makes me sleepy.

Ok I have to know is this really Melania Trump and if so why is she banned? Cause she's a Trump!?
  • Tretop76
    Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    nancycola wrote: »
    I was diagnosed with an overgrowth years ago but couldn't bring myself to make such a huge lifestyle switch. My symptoms have gotten worse so I've been transitioning for about 10 days now. I already see the difference in my skin and bloating is waaay down. It's encouraging me to go deeper.

Use food grade diatomaceous earth? I've been using it for almost 2 months.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

There's a GB Shaw play about a woman named Candida called "Candida." Shaw was a vegetarian. So...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

BUT WHAT DOES SHE EAT? *sigh* *taps mic* Is this thing on?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    brichards_ wrote: »
    I've heard you can cure candida with veganism, hclf

Is HCLF naturally higher in sugar? I'm thinking lots of fruit, bread and stuff. Sugar is candida's best friend..