SAHM 7/1-7/31

Options
Welcome!! We are a fabulous group of Stay at Home Moms that support each other through our weightloss and the most important job....being a mom! We welcome all newcomers, join in any time, we would love to get to know you! :flowerforyou:

Since the summer months has us slowed down, we are starting monthly threads instead of weekly threads.

Previous thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/254099-sahm-6-1-6-30

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am also a SAHM to 3 little boys!!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our group, Bethdris!
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beth!

Barb - Thanks for keeping this group going. :)

I'm doing good, getting ready for a family filled holiday weekend. Took the boys to a splash pad this morning and had a great time. Still need to workout and finish cleaning downstairs. I've done really well with eating today, yahoo!! It's weird, most people struggle around the holidays and I've realized that I struggle more around the summer months. We travel and are on the go so we eat out more. I'm just trying to take it day by day.

My cycle is messed up so I've been doing some hormonal eating at night, my downfall for sure. Doctor said to call back in two months if things don't improve. Hope I get on track before then, I feel like a hormonal mess right now.

So today my Booshka is 21 months!! Can't believe he's almost two!! Oh, we also got our first veggie out of our garden today, so exciting. Noah made a video of him and his zucchini, too cute. Hope everyone has a great 4th!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    tagging for when I have a mo! :flowerforyou:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Today is my dd1's birthday so we celebrated by going to the zoo, at her request. We got up early to go so that we could see the "cats" be active. Which worked out great. We were able to see one of the Tigers swimming and a couple of them were eating their breakfast. It has been a good day so far. I have done well on eating and plan on getting some exercise in later. Last night I went for a little over 6 mile bike ride took me 40 min. I then ended up doing 20 min of ab exercise. I did very well on the exercise yesterday I have not been good like that in a long time. I guess it helps when the hubby and I have a deal going between us sure has helped with the motivation. :smile: Tonight I think that we are going to go over and watch some fireworks at a friend's house and tomorrow going to mom's to help them with some house repairs and yard work. I am hoping that I do good on the eating front. Well got to go.
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great job Katie!! Wish we could ride together, I so need a riding buddy. :) Have a great weekend!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beth!

Amy ~ yeah for your own veggie garden! so jealous :) I have a hard time during summer months too, too many parties to attend LOL

Katie ~ Hapy Bday to your daughter and congrats on having such a good day yesterday!!

I went for a bike ride yesterday too, with the family. We really need to do that more often. Plus it helped me scout out my run with my training group this morning. 5 miles! Looks like we might have to wait out a small thunderstorm though...boo! We also went to a Train museum/fun house place, I have never seen my oldest act so excited, he was bouncing off the ceiling and walls! We have a little boys birthday party tonight, and a friend of mine's birthday tomorrow, so I'm trying to be decent, it's just going to be hard!

I decided to go on maintenance calories for the month of July, a little worried I will gain though. I'm not losing weight now, so it makes me think I will if I up my calories. Just going to make sure I keep as healthy as I can. I know most days I will not even make it to 1760 net, but I won't feel like I have to eat those extra calories just to make my minimum, ya know?

Hope you all have a fun and safe Fourth!!
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I wish I could bike with you ladies too!

Good luck with the maintenance calories Katie!

I did JM BFBM yesterday, but I did one circuit of each to make it about 20 minutes. I'm back to oatmeal in the mornings, but I need to work on drinking more water during the day, as opposed to tea. It's going to be a hot one today so I need to make sure I do BFBM this morning. Have a great day everyone!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Hello Ladies! How is everyone on this fantastic July 2nd? Can you tell, I'm in a wondeful mood? (Hoping it stays that way and my inlaws don't mess it up). I'm so ready for this weekend. Going to a firework show tonight, one tomorrow night, and then a cookout on Monday and hopefully, its going to be stress free, as long as the inlaws do their own thing and leave me and my family and our plans alone.

What do you think of my hair style today? (Check out my profile pic) Do I look kiddish? I think hubby was teasing me when he said that, but I can't tell, lol. I'm not going for the kiddy look, I just wanted to do something different and cool, with the weather being hot and humid....I'm getting tired of the pony tail look.

Amy-If I didn't live with my inlaws, I woud LOVE to have my own garden, I'm with Katie, so jealous!!! :smile:

I need to get back out on my bike too, but things have been complicated the last week, so all my exercising has been done here at home, by watching the workout dvds on netflix, but I did lose a pound this week, yay me! :) Gettng closer to my goal weight!

Well, I'm off for now. Hoping to get lil man off for a nap here soon! Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
  • shoppie
    Options
    Barb - I think your hair looks cool! Ignore DH, what do men know anyway?? :laugh: Well done on your pound loss! :drinker:

Kat - good luck with maintenance, I can totally see why you are swopping, I can see its going to be really hard once DS1 inishes school (few more weeks to go) I have never managed to get the maintenance thing sussed, I'm always gaining or losing, but need to finish losing again before I worry about that!!

Nicole - well done on getting back on track with oatmeal and BFBM, the rest will come - I learnt when I was struggling to get back on it post -holiday that sometimes its actually easier to drag your *kitten* back in line one thing at a time!

Katie - sounds like you had a lovely day, happy birthday to your DD! :bigsmile:

I totally messed up food-wise yesterday, same old error of buying a treat and thinking I could stop at half :angry: It is annoying that I keep doing the same thing, but I have also learnt beating myself up just makes me feel bad - and more likely to turn to food, so I just completely worked my butt off exercise wise - I did BFBM twice! I have ordered 2 more JM DVDs - the 30 day shread and no more trouble zones. I can really tell a difference in shape since starting BFBM about 3 weeks ago and will be really interested to see my measurements next Fri (when I will have been here 4 months - can you believe it??).

Today has been ok food-wise, I have had the enchiladas I planned for dinner for DH and I nd they were just yummy, totally worth every single calorie!! :heart:
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!
    I;m finally getting the chance to get back on here after being out of town for a week. I haven't weighed in since before I left--that comes tomorrow--but I am pretty sure that I will be ok. I spent the whole week running around, so no room for mindless eating.

You guys have been super busy! Congrats on all the losses! I hope to get back into the swing of posting this month....no more traveling for me until August!

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! We plan on spending the day out by the pool, maybe some friends will stop by and we will all grill out later....Taking it easy though, that is for sure!
  • PNCTink
    Options
    Thanks Katie! Isn't BFBM incredible!!?? Two days of doing one time through each circuit and I can see the difference in my belly! I also bought Ripped in 30, but didn't feel the results as much as BFBM. Please let me know hoe NMTZ is because I was thinking of getting that one next, along with the yoga.

Well, yesterday wasn't awful, but wasn't great either. DH was off and it was raining so we had a lazy day. I'm about to go to BFBM now before it gets too hot. 76 degrees in the house already! Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans! Hope you have a great, safe day! :)
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Hello ladies! Well, this weekend will def. be a cheat weekend, I have been trying to watch everything, but there's just not been a lot of time for exercising and the little bit I do end up doing, just isn't enough for the food. Got a small workout in today, tomorrow will be better as I will be back track. Today's plans are going to my husband's friends' house and watch them swim (I have no swim suit, since we never swim, so I get to watch everyone else swim, how exciting
    not really) and then going to his parent's house for a cookout and fireworks.

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend!

I'm doing a July challenge with some friends and my goal is to have lost 10 lbs by the end of this month, I am going to have to work REALLY hard, but I think I can do it! :drinker:

Happy 4th!!!
  • shoppie
    Options
    Nicole - I totally agree re: BFBM, I definitely have more definition on my sides now (much more clearly defined waist), I've been doing it about 3 weeks I think, at least 3x per week. I have ordered NMTZ and 30DS and have joined a 30 day slimdown challenge on another thread which basically mixes the 3 up to give you a 3 day programme like the shred but with more variety - will keep you posted!!

KC - well done for staying on track despite being away from t'web.

weigh-in for me tomorrow, am mainly on track but seem to be fighting myself so hard over it :explode:
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Thank you!

Amy~I completely did not see your post of you first veggie. Yay for home grown veggies! My first one is almost done too. Mine is a tomato. I cheated this year and bought 2 tomato plants that already had tomatoes on the plant. We had 20 something tomato plants and I wanted some earlier this year. LOL That would be nice to go on a bike ride too bad we don't live closer.
    :smile:

Katie~We still have not gotten out as a family for a bike ride. I burn some serious calories when I am pulling a trailer. I get tired faster but I love the calorie burn.

Shoppie~I agree it does not help to beat your self up. For me I just have to take a day at a time and remember that tomorrow is a new day. Sometimes even an hour at at time. :laugh:

Barb~Hope that you were able to have the nice stress free weekend like you hoped.

Nicole~I hate it when the house gets hot like that but it is inevitable when you have no AC (like me). Yesterday it got to 80 in the house. :tongue:

Well I am off for the day. Oh I almost forgot that I am FINALLY on the right track! Weighed myself this morning....I lost 2 lbs!:happy: Well better get going got to get the kids ready we are going to my mom's to help them out.
  • PNCTink
    Options
    Ack! Shoppie! Sorry for the name mix up. Did you see the women play Japan today in the World Cup? Lookd like a good match, as far as the kids would let me watch. LOL! Good luck with the weigh-in!

KatieM- Great job on the loss! Yes, our house has regularly been going up to about 82-84, but we're holding out on the ac for as long as possible. It's not terribly humid (about 34% with 10mph winds) so it's do-able for us. I figure it helps to curb my appetite as well. :laugh: It also helps me to drink more water.

Re: Garden. I have lettuce that's ready in ours, but I don't know how I'm going to use it all! :laugh: I have about 10 heads all ready to be pulled. we've been gorging ourselves on strawberries, but they're coming to an end now, and the snow peas have begun to blossom. :love:

I did my BFBM and went for a walk this morning. I also weighed myself and have lost about three pounds, but that's from the nine I gained. I've been called on to sub for volleyball tomorrow night, so I'm looking forward to that. I just need to make sure I get the kids in bed at about 6:15pm!!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Nicole~Thank you! As for the lettuce dilemma I would say find someone to share with. Also way to go on the loss. I figure even if it was stuff you had regained and then lost it is still a loss right? At least it is not a gain. :smile:

Well I have not exercised since Sat :tongue: . I am shooting for today. Of course today is laundry day so I might be exhausted by the time that I can get in an exercise. I don't know maybe I will just have to throw the boys into the trailer and go out with the kids. Well the washer is calling me.:laugh:
  • shoppie
    Options
    yay Nicole you notice footie! How exciting! :bigsmile: Yeah, it was a really good match :drinker: Don't worry about the name mix up, I do that loads! I agree wih Katie - pick a few neighbours you know are growing other foods and offer them free lettuce, you never know you may get another crop coming back to you!! The 3 lb loss is great, it shows you are back on track. It took me a month in total to get back on track after my hols, but what matters is that you do it!! Once the slide starts it is so easy to just go with it, turning it round again is tough, so well done! :flowerforyou:

Katie - boo to laundry day, hope you managed to do a workout anyway! Tomorrow is my big laundry day as i do all the bedding (though I have laundry on every single day because there are 5 of us!) I'm dreading it already! :laugh:

I have had a very stressful 24 hours, lots of boring school stuff with my DS1 who is going up into year 1 in the UK (he is aged 5). On the upside, it has meant I did BFBM twice today and it is now sorted too. Hope my DS2 bucks his ideas up though, he has been such hard work I have been screaming at him like a banshee - he is 2.5 and I discovered this evening his rear molars have just broken through so hopefully that was why and he will be slightly less hard work now!!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Hey ladies!

My holiday weekend was GREAT! My inlaws actually left us ALONE!! I thought I was dreaming.....It was so stress free, wished it was like that all the time.

Didn't get to do much exercise over the holiday weekend, but I've been making it up for it!

Went for a walk this morning (2.5 miles) and going bike riding in about an hour :smile:

2 more days til Weigh in for, but then I get to weigh in again on Sunday (for one of the challenges I'm doing this summer, I have 2 going on.) One challenge is to lose 10 lbs by the end of this month and the other challenge is a 12 week challenge where we get to pick how much weight to lose, and by Sept. 30th, I would like to lose 1/2 of what I need to reach my goal weight....I only need 37 lbs to reach my goal weight, so this challenge i need to lose 18 lbs by September 30th. Wish me luck!
  • PNCTink
    Options
    Shoppie-Yes, we do keep track. Last year we had a huge party when the US played England for the men's World Cup. We had little flags all over the house for both teams and we made classic foods from each side of the pond. It was fun. I hope your son is better tomorrow. Days like that are so stressful.

Barb-So glad you got some alone time!! That's great. Good luck with the new challenges!

I didn't get a chance to do BFBM today, but I did go for a walk before dinner with DH and the kiddies. It was nice because we usually walk in the morning while he's at work, so they were able to show him things they like to do (pick daisies) while we walk. Tomorrow morning we're heading to the park and then I'll mow the lawn, so lots of calories burnt there. I'm off to bed shortly, after I catch up with Big Brother. I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!