Hello Ya'll

Options
This is my second day and so far I like the food journal. I didnt realize how much I was or was not eatting. I have never had to watch what I eat until I hit 35 and now that I am 40 I have high cholesteral and have to eat a heart healthy diet. So I'm new to all of this. If any of you have any suggestions on lowering your cholesteral naturaly I would love to hear it.

Replies

• Jodywin
    Options
    This is my second day and so far I like the food journal. I didnt realize how much I was or was not eatting. I have never had to watch what I eat until I hit 35 and now that I am 40 I have high cholesteral and have to eat a heart healthy diet. So I'm new to all of this. If any of you have any suggestions on lowering your cholesteral naturaly I would love to hear it.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I think that is the best part of this site, learning to be aware of what you put into your mouth. I think just eating healthy; fruits, veggies and reading the labels of the foods you buy is a great first step.
  • Jodywin
    Options
    Thanks I just started reading labels and my daughter is encouraging me so that helps.
  • christi08
    Options
    I had very high cholesteral, even after loosing 30 lbs, I wasn't cutting out things like eggs, butter, and higher fat meats. As soon as I did that, and started eating more fruit and veggies, high fiber foods. plus really watching labels, it went down, my Dr. was thrilled to say the least, she even asked me how I did it. I never did take medicine for it :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you....this website is definitely a great tool!
  • Jodywin
    Options
    The Dr has me on two meds for High Cholesteral. Its heriteray so I am hoping to at least get off one of the meds.
  • christi08
    Options
    It's also hereditary in my family, so is adult diabetes. So I have two very good reasons to watch my weight and diet, fun fun. I wish you all the best!:smile: