Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Family.
    Improving in my sport.
    Looking good naked and being desired.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Looking back at my stats, v. my current stats and seeing how far I've come.
    Family
    Friends
  • desye1985
    desye1985 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been trying harder for the last couple of months or so, so I'm relatively still new to this. It is sometimes still uncomfortable to exercise and sometimes it hurts. For this reason, I have asked myself the same question. And I have several answers:

1. Before starting, I hurt constantly. My bones and body ached, and I couldn't even sleep well at night. Now, when I exercise, the pain is only for the duration of the workout. At other times, I'm pain free. I sleep better and breathe better. I have more stamina to do other things I want to do.

2. Like others have mentioned, I've watched other members of my family suffer through illnesses that probably could be prevented by healthier eating and exercise. Or at the very least managed better.

3. I don't want to die too soon. I want to see grandchildren in my future. Live long enough so they remember they had a grandmother.

4. It gives me more confidence overall. Even though I've only lost a small amount so far, I can feel it, in the way my clothes fit, in the way I walk, in my whole mindset and outlook. I'm less depressed and feel stronger.

For all these reasons, and more, I'll keep plugging on.

I feel like i could have wrote this. So yeah thanks.... for the same reasons.
    I'm new to this and i've been doing the yo-yo effect and my body and my mind are not on the same level.
    I NEED to loose weight to breath more easily, to not feel exhausted after a simple walk, to not have a pain in my knees every night.

I WANT to loose weight and be healthier, to be more confidente and positive in my life, to feel more attractive, to not let my past demons take advantage of me.

I can do it, WE CAN DO IT.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    What keeps me motivated is that at 42, I look pretty dam good :) My skin looks better than it did in my 20's and I'm feeling really good. I have a ways to go in my weight loss but I'm having a good time (most days) on my journey and my husband is a HUGE support !!! He tells me every day how beautiful and sexy I am and when I'm driving in my car or walking down the street and a strangers head turns, I'm sorry, but hello ego boost !!!!

The healthier the choices I make, the more I know I can do this for the long haul. It's not an easy road to go down but having faith in yourself and a good support system is essential.

GO US !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kdogni
    kdogni Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do it for my health. And also there's nothing like picking up the heavy *kitten* weight lol
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I spent all of my life overweight. Now, with a BMI of 20, I can honestly say that nothing tastes as good as healthy does. The happiness excess food brings ends as soon as I eat it all up. Being a healthy weight 24/7 and reaping both the immediate and the long-lasting benefits of exercise is too awesome to give up.
  • eburns55555
    eburns55555 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    With as much as has been accomplished already, my motivation is to continue to see how much more I can improve, how much more I can be, over and above the gains already earned mentally and physically.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The reflection I see In the mirror, smaller sizes, and the way I feel
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    teagin2002 wrote: »
    EJJKMc6 wrote: »
    #1 Wanna be healthy
    #2 Wanna look hot (sorry, just keepin it real y'all) ha ha

^^^ this
    I ❤ me and my family
    Not perfect but we keep trying

Nice
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Because my dad had a heart attack at 33. I'm 35 so I guess I'm doing pretty good.
  • dlsnyder58
    dlsnyder58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am doing MFP with my teenage daughter. This helps both of us stay accountable. If I have a craving for my favorite pint of ice cream and say I'm going to go buy it, she'll pull me up about it until I feel bad. I don't go get the ice cream, but I'll find something else that's healthier to snack on. Having someone watching out for you helps immensely!!!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Looking at these two images below, side by side (and the fact that I'm now about 15lbs lighter than the 220lb picture).....
    ery4dpqrbay2.jpg  v4hmxit17mrl.jpg
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    Seeing other people with abs on Pinterst and IG
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Revenge.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    penis length (reduce that fat pad!)
  • SYS15
    SYS15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    vk0p6a3s38il.png

That, for now. I want to lose more and get into my bmi range since my family has a history of diabetes/heart disease. Also, I have a bit of social anxiety that stems from me being overweight. I want to feel comfortable going out and shopping and just feeling normal.

The major problem is continually losing motivation I would say.